another nippy start

may put crimbo decorations up later as it's december
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,480
    Have you just terminated someone SG?

Toast, mincing, lunch more mincing, tea,
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,527
    no, but it's not a bad idea

gym not quite as rammed as it has been lately, a smidge less frosty out than yesterday

cafe next
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Broker fired (first time i've ever wanted to and enjoyed telling someone) Mortgage now pretty sorted by myself (touch wood, any wood, anybody's wood, the date can be the toucher) in 3 hours rather than going on and on and on. He was shocking and I mean shocking, made some of the people on here look useful.

Office is baltic, be warmer to work in Pinno's outhouse

May get to ride later, I must be getting fat soon (like regular fat not cyclist fat)
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Today was day # 1 of MrsHDs advent calander which went very well. Tomorrow may not go as well as it causes a slight clash so if anyone is up here and can be my stand-by for a (minor) celebrity chefs bistro pub lunch then send you name and address on a postcard to the usual address.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Flâneur wrote:
    Broker fired (first time i've ever wanted to and enjoyed telling someone) Mortgage now pretty sorted by myself (touch wood, any wood, anybody's wood, the date can be the toucher) in 3 hours rather than going on and on and on. He was shocking and I mean shocking, made some of the people on here look useful.

We went to an advisory/broker type fellow a while ago, he gave us lots of good advice and we didn't have to pay him unless we went through him for the mortgage. We decided that his fee wouldn't be worth the rate reduction, plus I don't want to pay someone who is half salesman half adviser who spent too long trying to be our friend. Luckily it's pretty easy to find good mortgages online, it has added quite a lot of extra self doubt though, I *think* we are getting a good deal...

Anyway, ill again today, going to spend the day playing one of the guitars I'd imagine
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, first day of the advent calendar, non plussed on this jelly belly one I was given, still think the 24 pack of beer was a better idea.
    fell on the scales this morning and also noticed ive increased mass in a bad way so this will have to get sorted.

Day plan is quite sparse, cinema later bar that sweet FA
  • I have two jobs to do, take the cat to the vet and dig out the outside lights.

Tree won't be going up for atleast a week or so.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Decorations aren't a big feature of Spinner HQ. Ruins the feng shui.

After a couple of days building scaffolding towers out of left-over timbers and miscellaneous hardware I'm beyond buggered. Now the real work starts..

On the plus side, I may have secured gainful employment for at least the first half of next year, which will be a good thing. Means I can pay someone to do the manual labour round here instead of me!
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,465
    Working from home today after spending an hour and a half in the dentists chair this morning, fortunately for the sort of dental work that leaves you able to speak and avoid dribbling down your chin. Unfortunately the wife is also doing some work at home but she has promised to leave me in peace soon.

May go for a run later to blow the cobwebs away.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • florerider
    florerider Posts: 1,112
    Xmas drinks networking with executive coach laters.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,298
    Also working from home, last day of it for the foreseeable unfortunately. Hopefully all is well enough with the girl now that I can stay in the office and rely on other people to do some running around for me. Not sure what I'll do if not. As it's he last day of it I did some serious slacking. Went over to my folks and walked down to Raynes Park with my old man and had a coffee. That place is rather different to when I was a kid, several coffeee places, chain and independent, all catering to the many young mums in the area. Off out to vote in the by election later, poor Zac will have to cope without my support. Up into the loft later to fish out a load of old tat, also known as Christmas decorations.
  • Picked the truck from its servce and found it had been washed too! Good result as that sort of job takes me about two hours.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    Got an email from British Cycling saying the boy cannot stay on the family membership now he is 18, needs to be independent.
  • Down't pit with im!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    Shoot work day, cheered by picking up the unicycle that I will never use, now stuck with a grumpy wife - going to be a long night

Especially when I think she has worked out my musical hints, currently playing stop crying your heart out
  • veronese68
    TLW1 wrote:
    Blah blah blah...the unicycle blah blah blah...
    Good luck, they are evil contraptions that are almost impossible to ride. You can only learn if you are young and stupid. Unfortunately I am only one of which. We do have two of the things, the boy is the only one capable of riding them.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,325
    Flâneur wrote:
    Office is baltic, be warmer to work in Pinno's outhouse

The 'outhouse' is half lined in Celotex. It's quite cozy despite the 'half' fact. Bring pastries and date.

I'll do your dentistry Stevo - real cheap. Can't guarantee you won't be a dribbling something after it. Dentists are for wuss's.

Tried to avoid PPP this week after Monday. Failed on some of the 'rest' part, So i'll just have to take next week off instead :D

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Got an email from British Cycling saying the boy cannot stay on the family membership now he is 18, needs to be independent.

You told him about the independent bit then?

Cheers Pino, not sure the Date will come unless you can sell it like the Four Seasons
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,325
    Flâneur wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

Cheers Pino, not sure the Date will come unless you can sell it like the Four Seasons

I am not sure I can concoct a well modulated spiel with harmonic tones, poignant pauses and a dramatic climax to encourage her. However, I could always get some cake.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    Flâneur wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

Of course.