GoPro talk

jacksoneaker
jacksoneaker Posts: 60
edited December 2016 in Road buying advice
Hey all, I'm doing an MS 150 in spring of next year, and after my previous races, I have been left wanting a way to document them. This has led me to the humble GoPro.

I'm thinking of getting a k-edge garmin action cam combo mount.

My questions is: for road biking, is the hero5 sessions form factor a determining factor? Or should I spring for the hero 5 black?
And would the black be weirdly large sticking out from my handlebars?

Thanks,

Jackson

Comments

• Session is good I have the 4, with the Session battery life is the only limiting factor I could think of, you get about 90mins record time, so depends on length of your races etc.
    Paracyclist
    @Bigmitch_racing
    2010 Specialized Tricross (commuter)
    2014 Whyte T129-S
    2016 Specialized Tarmac Ultegra Di2
    Big Mitch - YouTube
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    I used my GoPro in the past, battery and memory card were both limiting factors for me, I used a combo Garmin go pro mount from tatelabs to keep the clutter down a bit. I think the newer ones have better batteries than mine anyway but you may just have to turn it on at certain times rather than have it on all the time.
  • I'm comfortable with that battery life. I only want to record segments. My question remains though: is it wierd to have the full size GoPro hanging off your handle bars?
  • I'm comfortable with that battery life. I only want to record segments. My question remains though: is it wierd to have the full size GoPro hanging off your handle bars?

The session measures 37mm & is a cube, not that noticeable really :D
    Paracyclist
    @Bigmitch_racing
    2010 Specialized Tricross (commuter)
    2014 Whyte T129-S
    2016 Specialized Tarmac Ultegra Di2
    Big Mitch - YouTube
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    Neither camera on the bars is noticeable. Its like riding with a headlight. No difference. What is an MS 150 ?