Ribble cycles and Kask Helmets

Anonymous
Anonymous Posts: 79,667
edited December 2016 in Road general
Just taken delivery of my new Mojito then a mate showed me this :-

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic ... ito-ribble

Scroll down to a copy letter stating the Ribble are NOT authorised to sell KASK..

Is this correct or a wind up ??

Have I bought a copy helmet ??

Comments

• sniper68
    sniper68 Posts: 2,910
    All Those posts are 2 years old.
    If Ribble are selling knock-offs they're not being secretive about it,there website is full of Kask helmets....and has been for over two years :wink:
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    There's a difference between selling knock off goods and not being an authorised dealer. eg, Maestro isn't an authorised Colnago dealer, yet Mike is THE man for Colnago in the UK.
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    If the helmets were 'copies' (ie not genuine Kask) then local trading standards would be all over them. Even if they are parallel import (ie not obtained through Kask's authorised UK distribution channel), then they are still genuine.
  • Tashman
    Tashman Posts: 3,398
    Your warranty relationship is with the retailer anyway, so it's up to them to resolve issues/faults
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    [quote="DALESMAN999"
    Have I bought a copy helmet ??[/quote]

no.
  • Anonymous
    Spoken to Ribble - -all ok. They are an authorised dealer and offer the crash replacement warranty - panic over !!

Pity the helmet doesn't come with a protective bag which some other dealers include
  • thefd
    thefd Posts: 1,021
    Spoken to Ribble - -all ok. They are an authorised dealer and offer the crash replacement warranty - panic over !!

Pity the helmet doesn't come with a protective bag which some other dealers include
    Might have been better to have asked them first before suggesting Ribble were selling counterfeit goods :wink:
    2017 - Caadx
    2016 - Cervelo R3
    2013 - R872
    2010 - Spesh Tarmac
  • Anonymous
    Hmmmm I didn't suggest it - I was shown a post on another forum which had a trade letter on it which stated that Ribble were not authorised sellers ... Since been in contact with Ribble who have confirmed their status. Pity I wasn't advised initially that the post was old and has not been updated accordingly to reflect the correct status of the retailer

Failure to update information on the internet has caused yet another issue and me a sleepless night .
    Hope that clarifies my initial post ?

This is a copy of the letter on the other forum:-

The official email from KASK to the trade...
    Dear Partner,
    We would like to inform you that we acknowledge that RibbleCycles (co.uk) is selling Kask helmets without our permission.
    Once again, we take this opportunity to confirm to you that Kask policy towards on-line sales has not changed and we will take immediate action to stop the sales of our products through the above mentioned website.
    Furthermore we would like to communicate that:
    - Kask and Velobrands have no business relationship with Ribblecycles (co.uk) or Cyclesport North Ltd.
    - Kask dissociates itself from any sales coming from Ribblecycles (co.uk)
    - Kask is already working on this matter to protect your business
    - Kask will not support after sales service on products not purchased through our official dealers
    For any further information please contact directly VeloBrands Ltd.
    Thank you for supporting Kask.
    Kind Regards,
    Mr Diego Zambon
    KASK General Manager

Wonder how they resolved this ?
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Pity I wasn't advised initially that the post was old and has not been updated accordingly to reflect the correct status of the retailer

Did the post not have a date on it? It's not the responsibility of an online discussion forum to accurately inform you on anything.
    Wonder how they resolved this ?

Kask probably saw the volume that Ribble was doing and then changed their mind quietly, is my guess...
  • Anonymous
    I'm pretty new to using forums and when a mate showed me the link I took it on good faith --- a sleepless night though.