Cycling to work dressed as Santa

captain_kirk
captain_kirk Posts: 105
edited December 2016 in Commuting chat
Good Afternoon all.

I apologise in advance, this post is asking for donations to charity!

I work for Tommee Tippee, based in Mansfield. Our recently chosen charity is Cancer Research UK Kids and Teens who are a great charity raising funds for research into cancer that affects kids, teens and young adults. I'm sure you will all agree that cancer sucks, and when it involves young people it is even worse. We are trying to do our bit to help raise as much as we can for this great cause, and as such I am doing the following.

On, or around (weather dependent) the 13th December, I am going to cycle to work dressed as Santa. I don't cycle to work every day, given that it is 18 miles each way (yes, I will cycle there and back = 36 miles), and I'm just not that fit. I do it about once a week if the opportunity arises. And I never do it dressed as Santa (I cycled to my old work place dressed like this a couple of years ago, but that was only 10 miles each way)

So, please give what you feel you can. Even if it is just positive thoughts that I don't get mullered on the roads by some bad driving lunatic hell bent on destroying Christmas for kids everywhere by running over Santa!

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/CycleSanta

Thank you all in advance!

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Ride naked and I'll donate. On the day, whatever the weather.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 14,498
    I cycle dressed as Santa all the time.

It doesn't help - driver's still don't see you.
  • I'm doing this tomorrow if anyone fancies a bit of Christmas charity!

Weather is looking good, and my bike had a clean and lube over the weekend ready for photos!
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Shouldn't you be doing dressed as a Star Trek character?

Have fun.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Would have to be Uhura

66592dc9041ebcc1a4493b154092544b.jpg
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • I'd get a lot of sponsorship to NOT wear that!

Thanks for the kind (?) words. All went pretty well until some impatient driver decided he wanted to join a queue of traffic 10 yards earlier than he would if he hadn't cut me up, only half a mile from home though, so didn't dwell on it too long.