Castelli Gabba 2 for 68 quid!

superkenners
superkenners Posts: 169
edited December 2016 in Road buying advice
Have not used Mantel before but they have Castelli Gabba 2s for 68 quid in their black Friday sale, so have given them a go.
Allez
Brompton
Krypton
T-130

Never tell her how much it costs ......

Comments

• Think id rather pay £2 more from Wiggle
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • MikeBrew
    MikeBrew Posts: 814
    I bought one from Mantel, also.... Ignore Floppyknobend+, he's a bit "special" Gabba2 is £112 from Wiggle. :roll:

+Can't take credit for this AKA : It's a term coined by another user with extensive exp' of his (FNE) inane posting proclivities .viewtopic.php?f=40042&t=13073069&start=20
  • jdee84
    jdee84 Posts: 283
    There's absolutely nothing wrong with mantel ordered something from them on the 22nd december last year it arrived on the 24th. I d of had to have paid wiggle 1000 pound to have a chance of a three day delivery never mind two
  • MikeBrew wrote:
    I bought one from Mantel, also.... Ignore Floppyknobend+, he's a bit "special" Gabba2 is £112 from Wiggle. :roll:

Posted a couple of days ago

viewtopic.php?f=40012&t=12670609&start=11460#p20015250

I've used Mantel, no issues but do you still have to pay for returns? If so and its high value then tracked international postage isn't cheap.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • I had a double take on this one, thought it was Castelli Gabbas, 2 for £68!
  • MikeBrew
    MikeBrew wrote:

Posted a couple of days ago

viewtopic.php?f=40012&t=12670609&start=11460#p20015250

I've used Mantel, no issues but do you still have to pay for returns? If so and its high value then tracked international postage isn't cheap.
    What I love most about the above post is that he clearly has no problem whatsoever answering to the moniker "Floppyknobend"...! :P
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    Mine turned up other day, spot on service and at really good price.
  • MikeBrew wrote:
    What I love most about the above post is that he clearly has no problem whatsoever answering to the moniker "Floppyknobend"...! :P

I suspect that he is treating the comment with the contempt that it deserves.
    "You really think you can burn off sugar with exercise?" downhill paul
  • MikeBrew wrote:

I suspect that he is treating the comment with the contempt he deserves.
    And cut out the unpleasant personal abuse.
    :lol::lol::lol:
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • MikeBrew wrote:

I suspect that he is treating the comment with the contempt he deserves.
    And cut out the unpleasant personal abuse.
    :lol::lol::lol:

Hilarious
    "You really think you can burn off sugar with exercise?" downhill paul

• Hilarious

Like most of what Sloppy posts, in case you hadn't been paying attention. I'm happy to dish back exactly the cr@p he posts daily. Frankly, I'd rather he didn't bother but, whilst he does, I'm plenty happy enough to dish it back. I quite look forward to his inane and vapid posts these days. What I find most amusing is that he doesn't like it when people give him the same abuse as he dishes out to them - hence the quote above.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • MikeBrew
    MikeBrew wrote:

I suspect that he is treating the comment with the contempt that it deserves.

Po-tay-toe / Po-tah-toe , Charlie ..... :wink:
    Anyway, back to useful relevant stuff as per the thread title. My Gabba 2 from Mantel arrived today. Brilliant service , great product, and super price of ONLY £68. What's not to like ? (Back up to £140 @Wiggle today).
  • MikeBrew
    So... what a brilliant piece of kit this turned out to be. Steady effort for 50 miles in 37F with only a sleeveless base layer and nanoflex arm warmers(bib-shorts and nanoflex leg warmers also - obviously), saw me staying comfortably warm all the way. Wish I had bought 2 for £68 (each)...
    Back up to £129 now @ Mantel, bugger !
  • MikeBrew wrote:
    Wish I had bought 2 for £68 (each)...
    Back up to £129 now @ Mantel, bugger !

Exactly my thought when it turned up and the fit was perfect. Yet to use in anger but seems a quality bit of kit. And have to say impressed with Mantel service.
    Allez
    Brompton
    Krypton
    T-130

Never tell her how much it costs ......