New large size fizik saddles

johngti
johngti Posts: 2,508
edited November 2016 in Road buying advice
Anyone tried them? Since I'm fat and slow, the spine concept recommendation for me is an Antares in large. Whatever the arguments for and against the whole fizik spine concept thing, has anyone tried the large saddles? And if anyone has, was there any improvement in comfort over the standard width one?

Currently have a charge spoon on my aluminium bike which is well used and not massively uncomfortable over shorter rides (although I certainly notice it after 40-50 miles) and an Aliante vs on my best bike which is better than the charge but still causes gentlemen's area discomfort. Both of these were bought as part of a search for comfort and neither were very expensive but the large size isn't going to fall into that category! Normal Antares width is 140mm, large appears to be 152. Any alternatives I could look at?

Comments

• I would ignore the spine concept, and just try the saddles,most Fizik dealers offer free trails. The spine concept says the Arione would be best for me, as I can touch my toes easily, but it was horrible, turns out the aliante was my perfect saddle, all day comfy for me.
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    The nearest fizik dealer to me is just far enough away for it to be pretty much a full day's trip out so I'm going for the "buy as cheaply as possible on eBay and sell stuff on if it's no good" approach. Might grab a normal antares and try that out