sunday, 2 4 6 8 agitate to smash the state

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,551
edited November 2016 in The bottom bracket
'ning

ride, cafe, seize power, declare a new republic

all counter-revolutionary forces will be suppressed

there shall be cake for all, except the faragistes, for them only rotten parsnips with lard
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,870
    I may have enjoyed the cider too much last night, but there is only so much of her family a man can take. So meeting a pal for a quick pint soon turned into many

Party was a great success with only one child injured and that was him rolling down the hill on his own

Today is tidy up, take the eldest rugrat to the shops to spend his birthday money on a replacement phone and lots of lumberjack stuff
  • TLW1 wrote:
    I may have enjoyed the cider too much last night, but there is only so much of her family a man can take.

Festivus
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,480
    Away for the weekend. MiL didn't make the evening meal due to excessive alcohol intake.

First is a hearty Cumbrian breakfast followed by a read of the Sunday paper before heading back to civilisation that is known as Shropshire
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,324
    When did Shropshire become civilised?
    Traditional slow start is being had, might go and make another cup of tea. No sign of life from our two, not surprised as the boy got in about 3am. Need to wake him and send him off to rugby training soon, I think he may struggle. Off to the 'rents later maybe followed by pub.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,509
    TLW1 wrote:
    lots of lumberjack stuff
    Have you been showing him your Monty Python collection and he wants to be like his dear papa?

Morning All,

I'm not going anywhere as I'm already in the centre of civilisation known as Bromley :) Also the hound is snoozing on my feet.

Have just refitted the mudguards to the communter ready for tomorrow which will be my first proper ride in a few weeks. Ribs have passed the cough and sneeze test so I reckon its OK to get back on.

Time for the weekend jaunt to Waitrose to enjoy the coffee and the views soon.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,870
    Veronese68 wrote:
    When did Shropshire become civilised?

When I moved here.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,324
    TLW1 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    When will Shropshire become civilised?

When I leave here.
    FTFY
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,347
    Af'noon fellow republicans, the faux civilised folks and the creaking ribbers

Survived day 2 of sis and her bratlets. Survived a toots birthday party and complete lack of MILF's. Will not survive sis's cooking. Might fake a sudden illness and head to the Kebab house. If it doesn't work out, have a great life guys.

Laters (if i'm lucky).
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Well, fun day contact lens suddenly decided to some out mid ride ended up taking a little tumble as a result. Bar that spent most of the day nursing my rather minor wounds so overall not an enjoyable day.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,551
    decided the peasants were revolting, gave up on saving them, i'm alright jack, more cake for me etc.

had a delicious raspberry and frangipane tart at the second cafe stop

made pheasant with stir fried veg for dinner
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny