wahoo kickr snap connectivity and teething probs

gubber12345
gubber12345 Posts: 493
so treated myself to the kickr snap but having trouble getting the wahoo phone app to pick up my garmin sensors.So I have a couple of questions if anyone can shed any light on it..

1 do I need to buy the wahoo HRM and speed/cadence sensor to connect to the app??

2 is the wahoo app only able to connect via Bluetooth??

I'm using a Samsung J3 phone and when I try connecting it tells me my phone does not support ant+.....thinking this is what the problem could be.

next problem lol
I've done the required spindowns etc as per the manual and when I had a go on Bkool the trainer would spin very easy one second then damn near lock up next second when attempting a climb...is this a calibration thing or whats going on....feeling very disappointed with it at the minute.

any help or ideas from anyone who has one of these would be greatly appreciated.

TIA
Lapierre Aircode 300
Merida

Comments

• The J3 doesn't have ant+ (which the wahoo app needs)
  • The J3 doesn't have ant+ (which the wahoo app needs)
    thanks mate...new phone needed lol
    Lapierre Aircode 300
    Merida
  • You don't need a new phone you need new sensors. Check out wahoo fitness sensors.
  • You don't need a new phone you need new sensors. Check out wahoo fitness sensors.
    does wahoo only support bluetooth mark??

Only thing i can get to work properly is zwift with the snap,but was hoping to try a few other vr app as well like bkool,fulgaz kinomap etc
    Lapierre Aircode 300
    Merida
    does wahoo only support bluetooth mark??

Only thing i can get to work properly is zwift with the snap,but was hoping to try a few other vr app as well like bkool,fulgaz kinomap etc

The Wahoo sensors are dual BT and ANT+. You can even use both at the same time.
  • nicklong
    nicklong Posts: 231
    Quick pointer - might just be me but I had a real problem with calibration for the first couple of Kickr Snap rides. I was calibrating using the Android Wahoo Fitness app but the advanced spindown didn't seem to be having any affect, I kept on under-recording power by about 80 watts. FYI this was the error which a lot of reviewers highlighted before the advanced spindown was introduced.

Turns out, I had to do an advanced spindown with an iOS device. After that everything was spot on (with 2-4% of my Vector PM).

Might just be me/my android phone (Oneplus 3) although everything works well through Android AFTER the one-off iOS advanced calibration.
  • I've read this to be the case to. Apparently Wahoo will have an official Android "advanced spin down" within an few months.
    Ribble Stealth/SRAM Force
    2007 Specialized Allez (Double) FCN - 3