Cervelo R3 sizing

How Far is too Far
How Far is too Far Posts: 534
edited November 2016 in Road buying advice
I am thinking of getting a Cervelo R3 but not sure if I would be better off on a 54 or 56 due to the long head tube on them.

I am 5'11" with a 32" inside leg. I normally ride a 56CM Supersix and 56 Scott foil. But the R3 has a much taller head tube on the 56 but similar on the 54.

anyone my size riding a 54 out there?

Comments

• domc21
    domc21 Posts: 86
    Im 6ft and I've just bought a 56cm frame.
  • meesterbond
    meesterbond Posts: 1,240
    I'm 5'10 and used to have a 56cm R5 with the same geometry. If I bought another though I'd definitely go for a 54cm - the 56cm always felt a fraction too big.

My guess is that you could probably get a good fit on either.
  • Thanks,

just as I though I am between sizes, I guess a 54 with a longer stem will be a little bit more aggressive than a 56 for me.
  • eric_draven
    eric_draven Posts: 1,192
    I have a 56cm 2015 R3,I'm 5'10" with a 33" inside leg and a 6'- 6'1" arm span,I was fitted to this in the shop where i bought it they also had a 54cm in stock,I did tell them that I only ever ride for pleasure and have no intentions of racing,so was recommended the 56, very happy with it,took me to the top of the Galibier via the Telegraphe earlier this year

viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=13070005
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    54cm R5 for me I'm 5.9 and all my other bikes are 56, the Cervelo seems to come up big

Actually my Scott cr sl is a 54 as well and too small, I think my ideal would be a 55

Try them and see what feels right
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • jon33
    jon33 Posts: 256
    I'm 182cm and own a 56 R2 (same geometry) and it was recommended by a bike fitter that I should've had a 58 frame due to having long arms/legs.
  • I'm 6'0 and ride a 56, 32 inside leg, it's a perfect fit for me as more of a user of the hoods than the drops. It has a comparatively high head tube but that's what I was after.

As suggested I would see if you can take a 54 and a 56 out, the shop i bought from had an r2 which was the same geometry , that was me sold on it, great bike, joy to ride.

Enjoy.
    Enigma Esprit Di2 - Go tI ! Summer !
  • jon33
    jon33 Posts: 256
    Just measured my inside leg and it's 34" so the 56 will probably be fine.
  • I'm 6'1" with 33" inside leg and ride a 58cm R3. When I had a proper bike fit the fact that I'd bought the right sized frame was mentioned.