Canyon Ultimate Range

gnave
gnave Posts: 65
edited November 2016 in Road buying advice
Hello

I would like to get some opinions on the purchase I'm about to do.
After a road accident (car driver fault) i revived a payout from the insurance company, i am in the market for a new bike.

I have been eyeing the Canyon Ultimate Range for some time now, Coming from a Ginat dufy 3 advanced i think its time to go up to a slightly more aggressive and aero frame.

With a <3K£ budget I'm was not sure which way to go given both SL and SLX models are very nice.

After talking to few riders and thinking with my logical side i think the ULTIMATE CF SL 9.0 AERO is the bike i will go for. https://www.canyon.com/en-gb/road/ultimate/2017/ultimate-cf-sl-9-0-aero.html
of course i prefer the SLX with its amazing Aero cockpit and redesigned seat tube, but i cant seem to justify an extra £1500 for that. i could spend the extra money on a power meter, maybe :) ?

So i would like to ask if anyone has been reding one of those bikes, and those aero wheels.

Lastly, I would like to know if someone knows if Canyon is releasing a new Ultimate CF version. I don't know if that makes even sense, but i understand that the ULTIMATE CF SL is a 3rd generation of the frame ?

Thanks in advance