Cannondale Synapse Disc - mudguards?

dinyull
dinyull Posts: 2,979
edited November 2016 in Road buying advice
What mudguards are people running on their Synapse Disc?

I have a set of SKS Blumels from an old bike, the rear would fit fine but the front doesn't fit the fork without serious rubbing on tyre.

Should add I'm on Michelin Pro4 Endurance 25mm - which actually measure as 28mm.

I could possibly get a smaller front trye instead and keep the Blumels, but would still need to buy a SKS spares kit as I had to cut down the mudguard stays.

Comments

• daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,870
    Dinyull wrote:
    What mudguards are people running on their Synapse Disc?

I have a set of SKS Blumels from an old bike, the rear would fit fine but the front doesn't fit the fork without serious rubbing on tyre.

Should add I'm on Michelin Pro4 Endurance 25mm - which actually measure as 28mm.

I could possibly get a smaller front trye instead and keep the Blumels, but would still need to buy a SKS spares kit as I had to cut down the mudguard stays.

Not trying to gloat, but my Synapse adventure came with factory fitted aluminium guards, and very nice they are too - I run Durano Plus 25's, and think they measure about 26mm, and are on the cusp of being too large for them, so even if you could buy them, I think they would be too narrow for you.

Could you perhaps dremel out a section of your current guards?

These might give you the wiggle room you need, have heard good things about them:
    http://www.tredz.co.uk/.Giant-Speedshield-Road-ALUXX-Mudguards-Fenders-Defy-Avail-_85664.htm
    giant-defy-avail-rapid-dash-mudguards-black-rutland-cycling.jpg
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18