Campag front mech compatibilty?

on-yer-bike
on-yer-bike Posts: 2,974
edited November 2016 in Workshop
Im running a Chorus front mech with an Athena shifter Pre 2015. The chain is rubbing on the inside plate of the cage when on the big ring, on the three largest sprockets. The shifter is one click down so trimming isnt possible. Would an Athena front mech work any better? I'm wondering if it has a wide cage or something different.
Pegoretti
Colnago
Cervelo
Campagnolo

Comments

• g00se
    g00se Posts: 2,221
    I would think it'll work OK if it's all recent kit but pre 2015.

It sounds like what happens if there's a bit too much tension in the cable when sitting on the lower limit and holding the lever ratchet part way through the first shift - which can effectively make cage sit a smidge too inward on each ratchet click. Similarly, a bit of slack on the lower limit will do this too - as a first part of the click will have no effect and make everything sit more inbound too.

Another possibility is that the ratchet was not fully released when it was set up - so you've lost the final click. And you've adjusted the mech as far as it will go - but it can't get far enough.

I would get the Campag tech instructions and double check your setup from scratch.