Tool store with Dropper

2x10
2x10 Posts: 79
edited November 2016 in MTB general
Just wondering what the options are for storing tools tube etc with a dropper post. my saddle bag at present has a Velcro strap around the seat post. That seems the best place for a bag, I thought about a bottle caddy but where to put it.
or is it camel back time!

Comments

• Well, what are the options for mounting on the bike?

I've got a hardtail and I'm always trying to avoid having to carry a backpack. So I bought a large triangle bag. Fills almost the entire frame but leaves enough space for a bottle cage on the secondary mount. Aside from that, I can fit an additional bottle inside of that bag, together with a spare tube, tools, keys, wallet, phone, snacks and glasses.
    You might buy one of those hardened cases that just about fit a spare tube, a multitool and CO2 pump (the small one). They mount on the seat alone, no need to velcro strap it to the seat post. Downside is, the good ones are a bit on the pricey side.
  • doomanic
    doomanic Posts: 238
    I love my Mountain Warehouse Camelback copy. I used to have a small saddlebag until part of the clamp got lost by a bikeshop when it was in for service so now everything I carry goes in the backpack. As a consequence I drink more on the ride than I did before and I don't have to worry about the bottle bouncing out of the cage.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Saddle bags are useless for mountain biking. They rattle to bits and you've no idea it's gone until it's too late.
    Either get a camelback or a water bottle cage with a tool. Specialized do some good multi tools to fix to your bike.
  • Saddle bags are useless for mountain biking. They rattle to bits and you've no idea it's gone until it's too late.

:roll: Mine never rattled no matter what terrain and the Velcro straps won't get undone no matter how hard I yank on the bag by hand. Thank you for the very helpful insight though.
  • kinioo
    kinioo Posts: 776
    Saddle bags are useless for mountain biking. They rattle to bits and you've no idea it's gone until it's too late.

:roll: Mine never rattled no matter what terrain and the Velcro straps won't get undone no matter how hard I yank on the bag by hand. Thank you for the very helpful insight though.

Same here. Never have had a problem with mine.
    Agree it doesn't work with dropper post.

Maybe this https://www.decathlon.co.uk/300-bike-fr ... 54453.html