More aggressive hardtail wanted... some more suggestions needed.

mac_man
mac_man Posts: 918
edited November 2016 in MTB buying advice
I have a Carrera Fury at the moment. It's getting on a bit and has served me well but I'm thinking of a change. Ideally I'd like something to give me more confidence on the downs, without the complexity of full suspension. There seem to be quite a few so-called hardcore hardtails out there now that will give FS bikes a run for their money. I had a play on an MmmBop years ago and it was great fun, but they're a little over my budget now.

And I do enjoy long days out, so it will need to be a jack of all trades - comfortable and easy going up as well as down. And something not so harsh that it's going to knock my fillings out every time.

Budget up to a grand. I can only buy online as I'm in Spain and most shops here only seem to sell fairly standard short travel XC bikes. So it'll have to be bought sight unseen.

Some that I've been researching:
Meta HT Am
On One DeeDar or 456
Ragley Marley
Vitus Sentier
Whyte 901
NS Eccentric

Any more ideas... or peoples experiences of bikes in this sector, bearing in mind the qualities I'm looking for. I notice the Marley took top spot in MBR this year.

Thanks
Cool, retro and sometimes downright rude MTB and cycling themed T shirts. Just MTFU.

By day: http://www.mtfu.co.uk

Comments