Crank based PM

vinnymarsden
vinnymarsden Posts: 560
edited November 2016 in Road buying advice
Hi all,
I'm thinking of a crank based PM. I have a Scott Foil which is BB86 I believe.
Can anyone tell me which crank set up will fit?
They all seem geared towards PF30 bb and for the life in me, the BB world is so confusing I just can't figure it out!
Advice from someone would be much appreciated .
Cheers

Vinny

Comments

• I have a Power2Max PM paired with a SRAM Force 22 Crank. With Power2Max you need a crank with a removable spider such as the SRAM Force (Red hasn't) or Rotor crank, there are others too. Power2Max will sell you a crank and PM together but I found a crank in a sale. Then I have a SRAM GXP BB86/92 press fit BB in one bike and english thread GXP BB in the other (both pre 2011 Scott Addicts) and it's good to go on either bike.
  • Get a Quarq with a SRAM GXP press fit
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    Hi all,
    I'm thinking of a crank based PM. I have a Scott Foil which is BB86 I believe.
    Can anyone tell me which crank set up will fit?
    They all seem geared towards PF30 bb and for the life in me, the BB world is so confusing I just can't figure it out!
    Advice from someone would be much appreciated .
    Cheers

Vinny

Power2max every day. I have one fitted to Rotor 3D24 cranks and it has performed faultlessly since day one. Contact P2M with your frame details and they'll reply pretty quick with your options. P2M are currently doing some great deals on Type 2 S power meters before the release of their new model.
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.