Bars with a little flare

step83
step83 Posts: 4,170
edited November 2016 in Road buying advice
May sound a little odd, but I'm after some bars where the drops are slightly flared from the top of the curve. I've had a nose about but I'm struggling to locate them. Does anyone know of any?

Comments

• cycleclinic
    cycleclinic Posts: 6,865
    Nitto do the rm013 and rm014.
    http://www.thecycleclinic.co.uk -wheel building and other stuff.
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,870
    edited November 2016
    Step83 wrote:
    May sound a little odd, but I'm after some bars where the drops are slightly flared from the top of the curve. I've had a nose about but I'm struggling to locate them. Does anyone know of any?

Think the 3T Ergonovas do, but they measure for the flare - ie 42cm bars are 40cm at the hoods IIRC.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • staffo
    staffo Posts: 82
    FSA Omega Compact have a subtle 4 degree flare. Nice and shallow too.
  • As above. All of the FSA compact bars have a flare which varies from 2 deg (Plasma, K Wing, Extra Light) to 4 deg (Omega, SLK, K Force, Team Issue).
  • luv2ride
    luv2ride Posts: 2,367
    Salsa Cowbells have a wider flare than the FSAs, if you wanted it to be more noticeable? I have a pair on a "gravel" bike and find them really comfy...also have few FSA wing compact bars on the road bikes and like those too.
    Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...
  • Got these on my GT Grade surprisingly comfortable, although doesn't look like they sell them separately

GT DropTune Super Light alloy, 16degree flair

gt_grade_alloy_105_handlebars.jpg?itok=tDRUr9P7
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Ill have a nose at those when I get home, thanks for the pointers guys