cannondale and sram no longer a force !!

goldenbolux
goldenbolux Posts: 48
edited November 2016 in Road buying advice
Sorry for the pun !
i bought a supersix evo with sram force last year and love it, I chose sram force as i have another bike with rival and i think the shifting is much better (in my opinion anyway)

Was Having a look at maybe another cyclescheme purchase and when looking at synapse and caad12 they seem to be very very very limited in the sram options department.

have they had a falling out or something or is this only a temporary thing which may change in the near future

thanks for any info

Comments

• imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Using the same logic, Cannondale must really hate Campag...
  • haha looks like it
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Take a look at their off road (cyclocross, MTB, Fat CAADS) bikes as I don't think there is a shortage of SRAM on the brand there.

Thinking of a Slate and it will have to be SRAM as I think the Force hydro discs are way better than Shimano.
  • im looking at there road bikes though,
    looks like they only offer there highest spec road bikes in sram
  • galatzo
    galatzo Posts: 1,295
    I have the 2015 Supersix Evo Racing Force too, love it, put more miles on it in one year than my last bike in the 2 years I had it !
    As a Cannondale/Sram fan I noticed the lack of Sram kitted Supersix bikes for 2017 and given the price of a frameset its gong to be an expensive way round of getting the bike I want should I be allowed a new one . I was hoping there`d be a Red one discounted next year but as there`s just the eTap which is far too expensive I'd probably buy a Shimano one and strip it. That said for once I really am in no hurry to get a new bike.
    There is a nice white Ultegra one with Hollowgram carbon clinchers I like the look of on the official website but not seen it at a UK dealer yet.
    Anyway any excuse to show mine off...

20161113_093420.jpg
    25th August 2013 12hrs 37mins 52.3 seconds 238km 5500mtrs FYRM Never again.
  • I've just picked up a 2016 Supersix Tiagra for £799 new (Evans price match), which I'm stripping for a build.

I'm also considering a SRAM Red 22 build, and contemplating going eTap..... I just need to convince myself eTap is worth that "little" extra. Available for <£1000.......