Giant propel advanced sl2 2017 or canyon aeroad 8.0 cf slx?

Balazsgal
Balazsgal Posts: 65
edited November 2016 in Road buying advice
Hi all!

All advice to be appreciated,question is simple,which one to buy?Anyone with any of these maybe both of them experienced?How is giants own brand brakes and wheels?Giant would be a bit more expensive,but taking my trade in which would be impossible with canyon.Thanx in advance to all.

Comments

• 288GTO
    288GTO Posts: 79
    One thing to be aware of, both bikes are in their last year of a three year cycle.
  • I'm a big fan of Giant bikes, my Defy Advanced has been awesome. two of my mates have the propel and love it, that being said I'd personally go for the Canyon, simply becuause of teh standard brakes. Most of the hidden aero brakes leave a lot to be desired, especially when you're spending £3k on a bike, the least you can ask for is a decent set of stoppers and Ultegra ones are pretty awesome.

Happy shopping
  • I got an Aeroad CF SLX 6.0 in July. It is an incredibly good bike. I can see why the pro teams use them (apart from being paid to! lol), stiff in all the right places but plenty comfortable for a long day in the saddle. I did swap out the Mavic wheels (which Canyon have done on this model) as they were a weak link. I went for some deep section carbon tubulars, which are super light, it makes the complete package totally awesome. I've lost count of the number of times I've come back from a ride grinning from ear to ear. I feel that they deserve all the good reviews they have received. As for a new model, I'd be amazed if they can improve it much at all. And if they did, I'd buy one! I'm so impressed with the Aeroad that I'm looking at a secondhand ultimate to use through the winter.

I like the Giants and they were on my list but I couldn't find what I wanted in my size at the time. I'm also not a fan of the ISP in terms of potential re-sale down the line.
  • 288GTO wrote:
    One thing to be aware of, both bikes are in their last year of a three year cycle.

Very good point thank you so much.So what to get for about 3k then?thanx for suggestions
  • Thank you so much for all the inputs so far,wanna get something before march next year latest though in the 3k price range.any suggestions would be appreciated.
  • Cannot comment on the Giant, I'm sure its a very good bike but the Aeroad is the only aero bike that gets close to climbing as well as my SS Evo Black.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • kingrollo
    kingrollo Posts: 3,198
    I asked a similar question and was guided towards the cervelo s2 / s3 - which look very nive bikes.