bib fit

tjbarbush
tjbarbush Posts: 2
edited November 2016 in Road general
First attempt so please bear with me.
I am 6'4", 200 lbs and my chamois in my Bontrager bibs never seems to be in the right position. It never seems to be under my ischial tuberosities. I am wearing US size XL.
Are there manufacturers who make bibs in tall sizes with good quality chamois, and how would sizing compare to what I have?

Comments

• fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    Or just wear your shorts under non padded bibs ?
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,613
    Are you after tights or shorts?
  • kajjal
    kajjal Posts: 3,380
    I am 6ft7 and 220lbs and use castelli xxxl sized bib tights and shorts which work well for me. The gore bike wear ones are a bit looser fitting but a similar size.

It looks like you are in the US, so a US forum may be more useful.
  • tompo1
    tompo1 Posts: 12
    Check out Aerotech Designs. They are a US company but deliver worldwide.

They do "Tall" versions of a few styles of bib shorts which are reasonably priced.

http://www.aerotechdesigns.com/tallbikeshorts.html
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,613
    Have a look at Pactimo. They do longer leg versions of their bib shorts so ideal for the taller rider (I'm the same height as you)
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    tjbarbush wrote:
    First attempt so please bear with me.
    I am 6'4", 200 lbs and my chamois in my Bontrager bibs never seems to be in the right position. It never seems to be under my ischial tuberosities. I am wearing US size XL.
    Are there manufacturers who make bibs in tall sizes with good quality chamois, and how would sizing compare to what I have?
    I usually wear bib shorts with bib tights over the top. The missus bought me some Assos Windblock tights with a chamois which I find is not always in the right position. I think this is the result of the tights having foot loops which stop the crutch being in the right place.