STEM - TT Bar Combo

frantona
frantona Posts: 6
edited November 2016 in Workshop
Hi all!

Im looking to convert my Canyon Aeroad CF SLX 7.0 Di2 into a Triathlon setup. For this I need to change the full cockpit since it now has the integreated H11 Aerocockpit, therefore Im unable to just install aerobars.

For this I need to buy a new Stem (1 1/4") and TT bar.

Any advice suggestion? Still looking for lightweight.

Thanks!

Comments

• Honestly, without a TT fit you'll be uncomfortable by doing this. You are however in luck as you already run Di2.

I wouldn't bother changing the cockpit completely, just add some decent clip-ons and get the Di2 bar end TT shifters. You can then plug these into the satelite shifter ports on your Di2 STIs or the junction box if its a 5-port. This way you'll maintain your road bike set-up and have shifting on the clip-ons.

TT frame geometery is very differnet to your aeroad, I think you'd regret swapping to a full TT cockpit. However, if you do go down this road (no pun intended) I would recommend getting a base bar like the 3T aeronova and clip ons which can be pedestalled, the Zipp Vuka alumina clip ons are very good for this as are the standard 3T clip-ons. Don't go for an integrated stem as this will just reduce the adjustability of the set-up. It'll also save you some cash to get a snub-nose TT saddle