Forum home Road cycling forum The bottom bracket

thursday, it wasn't all just a bad dream then

sungodsungod Posts: 13,208
edited November 2016 in The bottom bracket
'ning

dawn has, as yet, failed to rise over amsterdam, off to brekkie before summoning energy for t'punters

think i am developing a cold, sigh
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Posts

  • slowmartslowmart Posts: 4,039
    Are you waiting in a window for your punters SG?

    Heavy lifting today with stuff I don't like doing. Looking forward to the evening already
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

    Desmond Tutu
  • oxomanoxoman Posts: 8,844
    Well today started with a bang literally, young lad following me home from work clipped a car and managed to flip this car onto another. Did the decent thing and sorted out emergency services, stopped traffic etc. Got cold for 2 hours then got asked by the old Bill was I racing this car, not happy bunny. Having the 3;s then bed, last shift tonight.
    Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
  • sungodsungod Posts: 13,208
    slowmart wrote:
    Are you waiting in a window for your punters SG?

    yeah, though by blue light - room had one that just dimmed instead of turning off
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • sungod wrote:
    slowmart wrote:
    Are you waiting in a window for your punters SG?

    yeah, though by blue light - room had one that just dimmed instead of turning off

    Fond, but vague memories of some very entertaining dinners at the Supper Club in Amsterdam. Nice old hotel we used on Prinzengracht too.

    Dropped the visiting Mother back to the airport so the house is back to normal vibe.
    Open O-1.0 Open One+ BMC TE29 Titus Racer X Ti Giant MCM One Cannondale Prophet Lefty Cannondale Super V SL Cove Handjob Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 43,973
    Been to dentist. Now on the way into town with teeth feeling a bit different. At least its beer time tonight - welcome drinks for the new minions.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • MatthewfalleMatthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Good road bike loaded into wagon.

    MTB loaded into wagon.

    Let's go riding.

    Apart from that, bit of coffee drinking and I may pop down the LBS for a chat and more coffee.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

    De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

    Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

    He's right you know.
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 23,432 Lives Here
    Morning folks,
    Mild Thursday hangover is present and correct.
    Another day of working from home. Although I'm sat in the waiting room at the girl's school at the moment. Deep joy.
    Bed being delivered later, more fun for me.
    Onwards and upwards...
  • pinnopinno Posts: 40,173
    slowmart wrote:
    Heavy lifting today with stuff I don't like doing.

    What 'stuff'? Why so ambiguous?
    veronese68 wrote:
    Bed being delivered later, more fun for me.

    To work?
    Good road bike loaded into wagon. MTB loaded into wagon.

    You have a good bike?!
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Been to dentist.

    You have teeth?! Or are your dentures giving you jip?
    Dropped the visiting Mother back to the airport so the house is back to normal vibe.

    Did she arrive with Marigold's in hand and mega cleaning/organisation intentions?
    oxoman wrote:
    Well today started with a bang literally, young lad following me home from work clipped a car and managed to flip this car onto another. Did the decent thing and sorted out emergency services, stopped traffic etc. Got cold for 2 hours then got asked by the old Bill was I racing this car, not happy bunny. Having the 3;s then bed, last shift tonight.

    ^ The only thread not full of ambiguity and bollox. Hope the boy is okay and the insurance hike is manageable.

    Me waiting for gap in the wind and rain for pedalling me.

    Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • FlâneurFlâneur Posts: 3,027
    Lo,

    enjoy your day boy racers, seedy hookers, bed people and drunkards alike
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Enjoying none of that, taking an iphone 6 for a new screen and hoping to find some advent pressies in the local slum.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • haydenmhaydenm Posts: 2,903
    No howling from the hound last night so I'm happy. Had a meeting at work, one of the directors is less keen on dogs so I had to leave him shut in my office for a few hours. Needless to say he destroyed something, luckily it was a relatively inexpensive laptop charger.
  • ballysmateballysmate Posts: 14,774
    Quite a tedious day here. Weather shite, so don't fancy venturing out.
    Her Maj's Passport Office has just relieved me of close to 150 sovs for doing not a lot.
    Did I say it was tedious? Where's Joelsim when you need him?
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 43,973
    ballysmate wrote:
    Did I say it was tedious? Where's Joelsim when you need him?
    'Catman' seems to have disappeared since losing it a bit in the Eurobollox thread.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 43,973
    pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Been to dentist.

    You have teeth?! Or are your dentures giving you jip?
    Well Mr. Nosey, I have a few of my original ones left left but some of them have been getting a spot worn enamel so time for a bit of restorative.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 18,878
    Long day of work hasn't improved with lots of builders invoices
  • pinnopinno Posts: 40,173
    tlw1 wrote:
    Long day of work hasn't improved with lots of builders invoices

    Which means... more long day's at work.

    Never got the break in the weather I had hoped for so ended up doing stuff at PPP.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 18,878
    pinno wrote:
    tlw1 wrote:
    Long day of work hasn't improved with lots of builders invoices

    Which means... more long day's at work.

    More like the slow realisation that we have spent more than we did on buying our first house
  • Garry HGarry H Posts: 6,639
    tlw1 wrote:
    pinno wrote:
    tlw1 wrote:
    Long day of work hasn't improved with lots of builders invoices

    Which means... more long day's at work.

    More like the slow realisation that we have spent more than we did on buying our first house

    tis the norm.
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 43,973
    There seems to be some sort of ugly tranny contest in town as the pubs are filling up with fat ginger blokes in skirts. ..
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • ballysmateballysmate Posts: 14,774
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    There seems to be some sort of ugly tranny contest in town as the pubs are filling up with fat ginger blokes in skirts. ..

    Ugly? Ginger? They're Sturgeon lookalikes.
  • pinnopinno Posts: 40,173
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    There seems to be some sort of ugly tranny contest in town as the pubs are filling up with fat ginger blokes in skirts. ..

    Must be something to do with Engerland vs the Sweaties. Surprised they don't riot spontaneously after bar person says "That'll be £x pounds please" when one of them orders some drinks.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 43,973
    pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    There seems to be some sort of ugly tranny contest in town as the pubs are filling up with fat ginger blokes in skirts. ..

    Must be something to do with Engerland vs the Sweaties. Surprised they don't riot spontaneously after bar person says "That'll be £x pounds please" when one of them orders some drinks.
    I was thinking about instigating a fight by chucking a 2 pence piece on the floor.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinnopinno Posts: 40,173
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    There seems to be some sort of ugly tranny contest in town as the pubs are filling up with fat ginger blokes in skirts. ..

    Must be something to do with Engerland vs the Sweaties. Surprised they don't riot spontaneously after bar person says "That'll be £x pounds please" when one of them orders some drinks.
    I was thinking about instigating a fight by chucking a 2 pence piece on the floor.

    Ooo get you Boro boy - inciting violence. Give 'em all 2 pence each and they'll vote for you.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 43,973
    pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    There seems to be some sort of ugly tranny contest in town as the pubs are filling up with fat ginger blokes in skirts. ..

    Must be something to do with Engerland vs the Sweaties. Surprised they don't riot spontaneously after bar person says "That'll be £x pounds please" when one of them orders some drinks.
    I was thinking about instigating a fight by chucking a 2 pence piece on the floor.

    Ooo get you Boro boy - inciting violence. Give 'em all 2 pence each and they'll vote for you.
    I'm promoting Scottish industry - could end up with some high quality copper wire out of this :)
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • ballysmateballysmate Posts: 14,774
    Flash git, throwing his money around.
  • pinnopinno Posts: 40,173
    ballysmate wrote:
    Flash git, throwing his money around.

    left Norf. Went Souf, learned how to plaster (metaphorically speaking).
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 43,973
    pinno wrote:
    ballysmate wrote:
    Flash git, throwing his money around.

    left Norf. Went Souf, learned how to plaster (metaphorically speaking).
    Doh, just twigged that one :)

    08e29e1f80c4a923891222fa937e9307.450x429x1.jpg
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
Sign In or Register to comment.