Norco Sight 3 is it still worth it?

core00
core00 Posts: 169
edited November 2016 in MTB buying advice
Someone is selling Norco Sight 3 for £400 negotiable, just wondering if its still worth buying it?

I think the spec is still the stock specs apart from the brakes which is fomular C1 (unless that's a stock as well)

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    If it's the one on SBS looks OK in the pictures, worth a look at the price.

Got good reviews when new, if it's the same model.

http://www.bikeradar.com/mtb/gear/categ ... -13-46895/
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • core00
    cooldad wrote:
    If it's the one on SBS looks OK in the pictures, worth a look at the price.

Got good reviews when new, if it's the same model.

http://www.bikeradar.com/mtb/gear/categ ... -13-46895/

Yeah its that one, he had it 2nd hand for about 18months now. He said it needs a good service and its on a fair condition.

What price would you say you'd go for?
  • cooldad
    No Idea. Depends what a 'good service' is. Bit of adjustment, lube and pads is half an hour and a few £s. Fork and shock service is a lot more. Frame bearings etc and it's expensive and a lot of work. Norco parts are apparently a bugger to get hold of.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • core00
    cooldad wrote:
    No Idea. Depends what a 'good service' is. Bit of adjustment, lube and pads is half an hour and a few £s. Fork and shock service is a lot more. Frame bearings etc and it's expensive and a lot of work. Norco parts are apparently a bugger to get hold of.

Yeah true, the guy said he haven't had it service since he got it from the first owner :/. The bike can be viewed of course just not sure what to look out for :/
  • cooldad
    None of my bikes have ever had a 'service'. I just do whatever they need as they need it.
    Expensive stuff - look for play in the bearings, wear (and mucky seals) on the forks and shock, especially the stanchions. Waggle the wheels for side to side play.
    Ride it and see how it feels. A looked after bike should be quiet, feel smooth and everything should work well, gears should shift easily and smoothly. Brakes should work without excessive lever travel.
    Check for any cracks, dings, or serious cable wear to the frame.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools