Flexible gear outer

Giantmatt75
Giantmatt75 Posts: 149
edited November 2016 in MTB buying advice
Can anyone recommend a flexible gear outer please.wanting to use it on my dropper post so I can use original braze ons on the frame for a cleaner look.

Comments

• FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    I bought the Shimano one from CRC - comes with all the bits and pieces. Be careful how you cut it to prevent the cable snagging.
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll:
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Agreed, Shimano SP41 is very good option.

Also never had a problem with Jagwire and it can be had off ebay in short lengths quite cheaply and you can colour coordinate/contrast at will.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Thanks for the replys :) the one fitted to the post is fairly stiff and would not work so will take a look at the shimano stuff . Going to redo the rear mech cable at the same time as not sure when it was last done . Cheers
  • swod1
    swod1 Posts: 1,639
    Shimano SP41 will be as already said a good option, its always worked well for me. outer I've used from local bike shops has been awful worse than that jagwire stuff so I now just buy some SP41 cut lengths online.
  • 2m of sp41 in green is on its way , thanks folks