ZWIFT on a mac

bianchimoon
bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
edited November 2016 in Road general
Interested in using Swift this winter for the really bad weather days and read the following
Finally you will probably need an ANT+ dongle, which is a small USB stick that you can plug in to your computer to allow it to communicate with your ANT+ speed sensor, power meter or smart turbo trainer. The only reason you won’t need this is if you are a Mac user with a Bluetooth sensor, in which case your computer will be able to communicate with the sensor without the need for a dongle,

Question is has anyone here used swift on a mac without the bluetooth dongle, by using the bluetooth set up to a garmin speed /cadence sensor?
All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....

Comments

• Garmin speed / cadence sensors are ANT+ only so they won't work to bluetooth on a Mac; you'd need to get the ANT+ dongle or BT sensors.
  • bianchimoon
    Garmin speed / cadence sensors are ANT+ only so they won't work to bluetooth on a Mac; you'd need to get the ANT+ dongle or BT sensors.
    That's what I thought, but the article in cycling weekly says otherwise, having thought more about it it probably needs the newer garmins with bluetooth rather than my old 800?
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • Garmin speed / cadence sensors are ANT+ only so they won't work to bluetooth on a Mac; you'd need to get the ANT+ dongle or BT sensors.
    That's what I thought, but the article in cycling weekly says otherwise, having thought more about it it probably needs the newer garmins with bluetooth rather than my old 800?

The Garmin head unit itself may have bluetooth but that's useless in a Zwift setting, it doesn't serve any purpose. The sensors themselves are definitely ANT+ only.
  • I think this nonsense has its own forum now

TIA
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • bianchimoon
    I think this nonsense has its own forum now

TIA
    ahh so it has, well spotted and thanks for pointing out so nicely