Castelli perfetto gillet or long sleeve

paul_stelling
paul_stelling Posts: 96
edited November 2016 in Road general
I am thinking of purchasing a castelli perfetto gillet or long sleeve jacket but cannot decide which is going to be the most practical . I live in Bedfordshire so weather is not as harsh as other parts of the country. Ilike the idea of the long sleeved as it is probably easyier to manage ie merino base layer when cold and without when not so cold but not sure if it would end up spending more time on the hanger in the spring /autumn where as the gillet could be useful for these times. At 175 the long sleeve is quite a jump up from the gillet at 110 is it worth spending the money . Or should i go for the gillet and where nano flex arm warmers and or winter jersey underneath. Many thanks.

Comments

• mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,618
    Why not get a short sleeved Gabba/Perfetto plus some Nanoflex arm warmers? Best of both worlds.
  • Alex99
    Alex99 Posts: 1,407
    I am thinking of purchasing a castelli perfetto gillet or long sleeve jacket but cannot decide which is going to be the most practical . I live in Bedfordshire so weather is not as harsh as other parts of the country. Ilike the idea of the long sleeved as it is probably easyier to manage ie merino base layer when cold and without when not so cold but not sure if it would end up spending more time on the hanger in the spring /autumn where as the gillet could be useful for these times. At 175 the long sleeve is quite a jump up from the gillet at 110 is it worth spending the money . Or should i go for the gillet and where nano flex arm warmers and or winter jersey underneath. Many thanks.

why the double post?
  • It sounds like you are aiming for a cold weather/winter top.

If you are, I would recommend the alpha jacket instead. My Perfetto is packed away now until spring as it I don't find it warm enough even with a merino base.
  • It sounds like you are aiming for a cold weather/winter top.

If you are, I would recommend the alpha jacket instead. My Perfetto is packed away now until spring as it I don't find it warm enough even with a merino base.
    Thanks . Is the Alpha jacket warmer than the perfetto?or is your perfetto a gillet?
  • My perfetto is short sleeved.

Alpha is much warmer, similar outer shell but fully lined with a clever inner thermal waistcoat thing which actually works, not just sales hype.
  • My perfetto is short sleeved.

Alpha is much warmer, similar outer shell but fully lined with a clever inner thermal waistcoat thing which actually works, not just sales hype.
    Thanks for the info that really helps off to try them both at lbc.