Pursuit race splits app

BlueScot
BlueScot Posts: 68
edited November 2016 in Track
I've seen a few pro-team coaches using a tablet and an app to pass on splits to the rider during a pursuit. The coach stands near the end of the straight and shows the split in large numbers on the screen as the rider passes. I think the coach just touches the screen to time the split, not a specific button.

I've looked around and the nearest app I can find is one for Android devices. Has anyone seen anything similar for IPad? Thanks!

Comments

• diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    There is a stopwatch function with laps function on the standard clock app on the IPad, there are also others in the App store. I think the laps would be too small to read on some of them though.
  • poppit
    poppit Posts: 926
    It's an app written and sold by Carleton Hall, I've got it on my iPad. Just google Carleton Hall app and it'll come up. Works really well and he updates it periodically.
    Eddy Merckx EMX-3
    Dolan L'Etape
    Cougar Zero Uno
    Genesis Core 50
    Planet X TOR
  • Poppit,

Thanks for the tip, but I think I have the app you are talking about already. Its definitely good for timing and has some nice features. However, unless I'm missing something, I can't see a good lap split feature for showing to riders. The solo time trial feature has a large split time number on it, but it's not big enough to be seen easily by a rider going fast. Also, the font on the white background doesn't work too well either. In the version I'm looking for, the numbers take up almost the entire screen. I suspect the app I've seen being used is on Android, but I'll keep on looking. Cheers!
  • poppit
    poppit Posts: 926
    BlueScot wrote:
    Poppit,

Thanks for the tip, but I think I have the app you are talking about already. Its definitely good for timing and has some nice features. However, unless I'm missing something, I can't see a good lap split feature for showing to riders. The solo time trial feature has a large split time number on it, but it's not big enough to be seen easily by a rider going fast. Also, the font on the white background doesn't work too well either. In the version I'm looking for, the numbers take up almost the entire screen. I suspect the app I've seen being used is on Android, but I'll keep on looking. Cheers!
    Ok, it's the only I've seen around. Are you sure you've got the settings right? With the 'present lap card' function enabled in 'settings', when we use the solo time trial function and press 'lap' once we've started timing the screen changes to show the lap time on a full screen, white font on a black background, it can also verbally announce it if that's what you want.
    Eddy Merckx EMX-3
    Dolan L'Etape
    Cougar Zero Uno
    Genesis Core 50
    Planet X TOR
  • poppit wrote:
    BlueScot wrote:
    Poppit,

Ok, it's the only I've seen around. Are you sure you've got the settings right? With the 'present lap card' function enabled in 'settings', when we use the solo time trial function and press 'lap' once we've started timing the screen changes to show the lap time on a full screen, white font on a black background, it can also verbally announce it if that's what you want.

Thanks for that. I was using the IPhone version on my iPad. Turns out the iPad version has slightly different features. The iPad does the lap card while the iPhone version has a more detailed race simulator that breaks up the race according to the initial spin up phase and then a specified cadence for the remainder. Anyway, got the iPad version now and it does the job! Cheers.