Dropper Post Help Please

neilvx
neilvx Posts: 137
edited December 2017 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi everyone,

I have just got a 2017 Cube Reaction Pro 27.5 and want to look at getting a dropper post.

I know the seat post is 27.2 which restricts what I can get so I have been looking at the KS Lev 272. I really want to run the cable internally but not sure I can.

I was hoping to drop the front derailleur and run a 1x11 and use the internal cable routing from that.

Does anyone know if this is even possible or not.

Many thanks in advance.

Neil.
Cube Reaction GTC Pro 27.5 2017 Grey / Yellow Flash
Ribble R872 Ultegra
Skyway BMX

Comments

• DJFish
    DJFish Posts: 49
    Hi Neil,
    How did you get on?

I'm in the same boat, I have a Reaction GTC & want to fit a dropper, my bike has a small hole below the crank which I could enlarge a couple of mm & route a cable through, then along the bottom tube next to the rear brake line.
    However I'm a bit reluctant to take a drill to my shiny carbon frame....
  • neilvx
    neilvx Posts: 137
    I never got round to fitting one in the end, let me know if you give it a go :-)
    Cube Reaction GTC Pro 27.5 2017 Grey / Yellow Flash
    Ribble R872 Ultegra
    Skyway BMX
  • Kef
    Kef Posts: 21
    Same here? Planning also to buy a dropper post for my cube reaction gtc sl 27.5 2014. Did you fit it?
  • Just get an external...
    Problems you might face are kinks in a cable stopping the activation returning OR go hydraulic activation and then the problem is all the faff when you need to bleed a reverb! My Whyte frame is terrible for removing the Reverb cable to bleed ... it takes longer than the bleed with the stupid rubber grommets and I'm seriously thinking of just replacing the dropper.

With a few smaller and non frame damaging mods you can route an external internally as far as the front mech and then externally to the dropper. I did this on my HT with a cheap 27.2 TMARS dropper and it worked well (for the price of the dropper)
  • Kef
    Kef Posts: 21
    Im planning to buy this: KS KIND SHOCK E10 REMOTE Dropper Seatpost 100 mm, 27.2/410mm
    which is external.Thanks for the tip..

Ride safe.