monday, surfing on the crest of the new wave

sungod
sungod Posts: 17,125
edited November 2016 in The bottom bracket
'ning

wfh with yet another early webex, cafe will follow

trying to decide if i have a cold coming, or it's simply damage from yesterday's nippiness

according to the weatherman it is also cold out today
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Picked up a new hound yesterday which is pretty exciting, and the GF starts a new job. Big changes for us...
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    what is the new hound?
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • haydenm
    Flâneur wrote:
    what is the new hound?

18 month old failed gun dog called Cody (not my first choice but it seems like too much effort to change it now), first dog we have had. He's been great so far considering he has been in a kennel all his life, no accidents over night and he is currently sleeping in the corner of my office. Quite excitable but once he's settled down he seems to pick things up quite quickly. All kennel club registered with low hip scores. I think he has had quite a lot of training but it's gone off the boil since they decided he wouldn't make the grade. Apologies for the size of the pic, and for the GFs Axl Rose hat...

14925754_10154458663605659_8744082362609375847_n.jpg?oh=1e1af27c8949558ccd964bc75ee845f5&oe=5888A92F
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,689
    Brave move posting a pic of the girlfriend. ;-) Nice looking hound too.
    Working from home again today, just been out to take the girl to school, definitely more than a little parky out there. Bloody wifi keeps dropping out on the computer which is a right pain as I'm trying to listen to the radio through it. Might have to put it on in the other room and turn it up.
    Onwards and upwards...
  • Flâneur
    Gun dogs are great, failed or not, generally smarter than the average Pro Race forumite and have plenty of life. My springer is nuts cant wait for her to age a bit more to take trial training (never going to compete her, all for fun and keep her mentally active/stimulated). The Weimaraner caught another squirral the other day, she is supposed to be old and slow now...

V68, we are all adults, nothing shall come of a picture featuring a female, not on this forum anyway
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • haydenm
    My boss has an ex gun dog spaniel and he's great, got him when he was 6 so significantly more chilled than my friend's cocker puppy! We were considering a puppy but this seems to be the best of both worlds as the GF has suddenly become employed. Tips on house training very welcome, I'm struggling to relax in the office but no problems so far

I thought it was brave posting a pic but she's pretty thick skinned after living with me for 5 years :wink:
  • veronese68
    Flâneur wrote:
    V68, we are all adults, nothing shall come of a picture featuring a female, not on this forum anyway
    :shock: You know where you are don't you?
    I'd love to have a dog, but not really possible with both of us working.
  • Feeling a bit meh this morning but am soldiering on.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Flâneur
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Flâneur wrote:
    :shock: You know where you are don't you?
    I'd love to have a dog, but not really possible with both of us working.

Hapless optimism. No I wouldn't consider doing the same but I've been around too long with the Date thing
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    I didn't know HaydenM was going out with my sister, i guess there is no need for me to post any pics now!
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • veronese68
    Chris Bass wrote:
    I didn't know HaydenM was going out with my sister, i guess there is no need for me to post any pics now!
    Looks a little overdressed for Dubai.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,596
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Nice looking hound.
    That could be taken the wrong way :)

Off the bike for now as trying to ride is giving the busted rib too much grief, need to give it time to heal. So I'm compensating by going for a Monday beer after work :) Just got to get through this afternoons half year presentation to the board first...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Chris Bass wrote:
    Looks a little overdressed for Dubai.

I think a lot of people from that region would say she needs to cover up more!
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,085
    Nice try CB but that's not going to work.

Are we going for the full monty HM? : House and wife swap. You keep the dog.

2 and a half alcoves built. Will finish them tomorrow. Hedges need cutting. F*ck.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Flâneur
    mate just text and asked if I fancied doing the Transcontinental 5 race.. nice guy wanting me to suffer so much
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,081
    Long day of work stuff, was improved by a small cold ride - maybe too cold as my neck is hurting :(
  • FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    HaydenM wrote:
    Flâneur wrote:
    pologies for the size of the pic, and for the GFs Axl Rose hat...

So that would be Gundogs n Roses?
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll: