Trek Domane size help.....whattahell..

Devastazione2
Devastazione2 Posts: 98
edited November 2016 in Road buying advice
Guys I can't figure out what size I should order my Trek Madone. Unfortunately I can't test one as the designated LBS is located across the country. To make a long story short : I'm 183 cm with an 85 inseam,a 56 Specialized fits me like a but it seems that Trek suggests me a 58 frame. I'm actually borderline between 56 and 58. My lbs owner is 180 cm and rides a 58. What I want to avoid is having a massive stack of spacers under the stem,56 or 58 that is.
Any experience? Type "trek Domane sizing " on google and a full drama unveils,with 5.11 chaps riding 56 or 58....

Comments

• I'm 5'11" and ride a 56cm Emonda with no spacers. It's not a particularly aggressive fit for me. I'd always go smaller with a longer stem than trying to make a bigger frame smaller.
    Orbea Orca OMX DI2 MyO
    Kinesis 4s Di2
  • Emonda and Madone are very similar,the Domane sort of stands on it's own with the geometry..:-/
  • 6wheels
    6wheels Posts: 411
    Which are you after the Domane or the Madone?

Anyway, if you have your saddle height, handlebar drop, together with the stack height, you can with a bit of trig work out the amount of spacers. The easier way is to pass that info to the bike shop and let them work it out or set the bike up and send you a photo of it.
  • Which is it then Madone or Domane? They are very different in sizing. And one thing you must never do is attempt to compare sizing across brands.
  • I'm after the Domane