The High Court, Art 50 @ Brexiteers.

slowmart
slowmart Posts: 4,474
edited November 2016 in The cake stop
63766283.jpg

The reasoning of the High court was explicit and while the Supreme Court may take a wider view the outcome on the 7-8th December will decide if we head for an early general election.

That's if we are still here if the Donald gets in and decides to nuke someone because of a tweet. :shock:
“Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu

Comments

• Tactical strike on.the wind turbines off his Scottish golf course if.he gets in?

Government, who say Brexit means Brexit, may end up going all the way to the European courts to get this overturned. Well that amuses me. Leave a side needing a EU body to help them out.

Then Corbyn has a load of rebel MPs of remain tendencies in leave constituencies. Do they go with conviction and lose their seat? Polls, as inaccurate as they are, have Corbyn on 20 and Tories on 40s. Either way that's a problem if there's an early, ask the public what they want GE. Could be Labour's worst defeat for 80 years according to the independent.

What is the point anyway? Debate the nation's position? Simple really, article 50 next year once we have our ducks in a line then a mixture of soft and hard Brexit otherwise known as trying to get our.best deal out of the EU. In the meantime it's WTO rules for the 5+ years it'll all take.

BTW heard interesting interview with a Japanese business consultant guru. He was.the guy who persuaded Japanese car giants to set up and invest in UK. In the.interview he said tariffs under WTO would only be about 3% which because of UK port efficiencies compared to rest of Europe would end up being 1 or 2% in the end. Not an issue. What is a deal breaker is movement of technical personnel between European sites. That has a much bigger cost to.Japanese companies.

That consultant is advising his clients to hold until there is a better idea of the shape of UK after Brexit. Also the Sunderland decision was.just one.company's decision, for Japanese industries and companies it isn't that significant, i.e. don't read too much into it.

It's certainly interesting times!
  • The government can't appeal to the ECJ. Only the Court can refer the decision.
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    I seem to have clicked on Cake Stop by mistake...
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,474
    Tactical strike on.the wind turbines off his Scottish golf course if.he gets in?

Government, who say Brexit means Brexit, may end up going all the way to the European courts to get this overturned. Well that amuses me. Leave a side needing a EU body to help them out.

Then Corbyn has a load of rebel MPs of remain tendencies in leave constituencies. Do they go with conviction and lose their seat? Polls, as inaccurate as they are, have Corbyn on 20 and Tories on 40s. Either way that's a problem if there's an early, ask the public what they want GE. Could be Labour's worst defeat for 80 years according to the independent.

What is the point anyway? Debate the nation's position? Simple really, article 50 next year once we have our ducks in a line then a mixture of soft and hard Brexit otherwise known as trying to get our.best deal out of the EU. In the meantime it's WTO rules for the 5+ years it'll all take.

BTW heard interesting interview with a Japanese business consultant guru. He was.the guy who persuaded Japanese car giants to set up and invest in UK. In the.interview he said tariffs under WTO would only be about 3% which because of UK port efficiencies compared to rest of Europe would end up being 1 or 2% in the end. Not an issue. What is a deal breaker is movement of technical personnel between European sites. That has a much bigger cost to.Japanese companies.

That consultant is advising his clients to hold until there is a better idea of the shape of UK after Brexit. Also the Sunderland decision was.just one.company's decision, for Japanese industries and companies it isn't that significant, i.e. don't read too much into it.

It's certainly interesting times!

And all because Dave put party before country

150922cameronpiggate.png
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu