wednesday, by the old moulmein pagoda, looking lazy at the sea

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,555
edited November 2016 in The bottom bracket
'ning,

temperature seems to be falling

cafe, office, really pissed a few people off yesterday, but if they will talk rubbish i feel obliged to point it out :)

this week has been brought to you courtesy of kipling's mandalay, which i can't get out of my head, the chorus (as sung by peter dawson) has been on repeat for days now
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    On BR or in the office? I see some pulses raised on here. Mind you, almost everyone on here talks rubbish.

Last day in the city as jetting off to the sandpit in the east for some winter heat. Only one in the office so far so gazing out the window. View is spectacular looking over Canary Wharf but we have automatic blinds which block out all natural light most of the day so having to enjoy it through a grille. Does make you realise the extent of the air pollution though.
  • Today started well by coughing up what looked like a lump of mushy peas.

Carpet is being fitted in the lounge at some point which will set us on course to finishing the decorating.

Todays debate with myself will be do I give the summer bike one last outing on Sunday or play safe with the old spesh? Overshoes seem to scuff the cranks and I want to keep the new bike in tip top condition for the scenic photos thread.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • sungod
    coriordan wrote:
    On BR or in the office? I see some pulses raised on here. Mind you, almost everyone on here talks rubbish.

ahhh, i see what you mean, no, to be clear, these were globalmegacorp people

it was not an allusion to certain etymological discussions in relation to simulacra of members of the papaveraceae

i'd never get that annoyed by anyone on br :)
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,328
    Morning folks,
    In the office this morning, managed to wobble in through the cold and fog but the bloody park was shut. Apparently they keep it locked now if it's foggy for safe and healthy reasons.
    Stick some helicopter tape on the crank arms and ride it HD.
    Not much going on here other than trying to catch up with stuff. Pub later.
    Who's getting annoyed on here, is it really worth it?
  • Glorious day out there. Shame it was wasted on a trip to the airport through traffic and parking hell.

Sold a bunch of miscellaneous bike bits.

Have a job interview tomorrow. This is sort of good, except it's for a job in another city, and they want a permanent person. So far, I've lied a bit and said I'm fine with the idea of moving, but tbh I'm not sure I can be ar$ed... upheaval we can do without just this minute. Will see.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,364
    Perhaps you have been sowing the seeds of something SG and it's all coming back to bite you.

Kipling annoys me a little. I liked how the Rhino got his skin and other stories directed at children. My mother loved Kim but I could never square his insistence that his son should go to war in an honourable defence of what is right and then lament his death for the rest of his life.
    Can't you exorcise thoughts of Mandalay by reading Wessex Heights or some Sassoon. The latter would be more apt and fitting with the current theme? Maybe the Whizz bangs will put you to sleep.

Me prevaricating me.

Tomorrow more PPP activity. Wish there was a quicker way to put the Celotex in.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • sungod
    Pinno wrote:
    Perhaps you have been sowing the seeds of something SG and it's all coming back to bite you.

Kipling annoys me a little. I liked how the Rhino got his skin and other stories directed at children. My mother loved Kim but I could never square his insistence that his son should go to war in an honourable defence of what is right and then lament his death for the rest of his life.
    Can't you exorcise thoughts of Mandalay by reading Wessex Heights or some Sassoon. The latter would be more apt and fitting with the current theme? Maybe the Whizz bangs will put you to sleep.

Me prevaricating me.

Laters.

surely you mean procrastinating :)

tbh not that keen on kipling, i just like 'mandalay', if only billy bunter were available for the kindle
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,546
    coriordan wrote:
    On BR or in the office? I see some pulses raised on here.
    Where's that then? I thought the skiddy bib thread had died off after threats of libel action :D

Not a great sleep last night as I appear to have cracked a rib downhilling on Monday but didn't notice anything until last night? Bit odd. Now trying to avoid coughing while ploughing through the usual stuff at work. I'll have a go at cycling into work tomorrow as long as I get a decent nights kip tonight. Unfortunately before then I have to go see Stropteen play in a very boring performance this evening.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Anonymous
    Mr goo doesn't like the definition of political in his poppy thread
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,873
    Lots of work based fun today

Later should be out on the fun bike, but I don't think I will get back in time to meet the lads, so could end up being a run or road bike
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,546
    coriordan wrote:
    Mr goo doesn't like the definition of political in his poppy thread
    Oh yeah. Don't mind Goo, he's just in a strop because Bournemouth got tonked by the mighty 'Boro on the weekend :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Anonymous
    Don't you speak ill of the mighty cherriee
  • Do any of you pussies need a 2016 swiss motorway vignette? I had aquired one through my awesome sense of navigation and haven't stuck it to a car.

Valid through Jan 2017 too, yours for a tenner. Posted.
    Pinno wrote:

I actually find that task quite theraputic as you know that with every addition you're helping yourself in the long run.

Just had a WhatsApp to confirm the carpet is indeed fitted so can sit on our new sofa tonight, isn't there a thread for that :P ?
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,364
    Do any of you pussies need a 2016 swiss motorway vignette? I had aquired one through my awesome sense of navigation and haven't stuck it to a car.

Valid through Jan 2017 too, yours for a tenner. Posted.
    Pinno wrote:

I actually find that task quite theraputic as you know that with every addition you're helping yourself in the long run

Yes but I have 202 sheets to fit. So far my estimation has been spot on - unfortunately. I had hoped it was an underestimation. 46 sheets fitted (out of 87) and all with aluminium foil tape at every seam. We've used 3 rolls of 50m lengths so far. The current rate is 1 room per day. Each aperture is bespoke fit. Downsatairs where I have done the framing in the utility room will be a breeze - there are actually right angles and tapered edge CLS.

WTF is a Swiss Vignette?

Yes SG quite corect, it's been a long week.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • It's a Swiss toll badge which you need to use the motorways. Apparently my plea of we only need to two miles back the way we came fell on deaf ears so I bought one from the service station next to the border crossing for 41 Euros.

If you buy it off the guard they stick it to the inside of the windscreen and you cannot get them off in one piece.

Mine is still on its backing sheet so anyone wanting one can have it super cheap.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • sungod
    toll sticker? i was expecting something scenic with alps

hoping my efforts for global sensibleness are sinking in at globalmegacorp, but not counting chickens just yet
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,873
    Didn't get out for a ride tonight :(