BMC GF01 sizing

paule1971
paule1971 Posts: 9
edited November 2016 in Road buying advice
Hi all

I'm looking for some information from BMC riders about the sizing of the BMC GF01.

I used to ride a Cannondale Synapse 58cm and that fit perfectly.

I'm 190cm tall, will the 58cm GF01 fit or will I have to go for the 61cm?

I won't get a chance to test ride one (can't find a shop in Ireland that has one in stock) so trying to make an educated guess before I take the plunge online.

I realise that there is more to bike fit than height but I'm just looking for general guidance.

Thank you.

Paul E.

Comments

• Hi Paul,
    for what it's worth, I have a GF02 and TMR02 in the 56 and they fit me perfectly; Im 5'11 with a 32' inside.
    I hope that helps in some form.
  • Hi,

Again, for what it's worth (although it doesn't directly answer your question), I have a 61cm 2015 GF01 which fits me perfectly. I'm 6' 4" (193 cm).

I have plenty of seat post above the clamp and I can't believe it would be a problem to lower that if needs be. I haven't changed the stem length or height from the original setup, as the reach is good for me as well.

The Confessor
  • jdee84
    jdee84 Posts: 288
    paule1971 wrote:
    Hi all

I'm looking for some information from BMC riders about the sizing of the BMC GF01.

I used to ride a Cannondale Synapse 58cm and that fit perfectly.

I'm 190cm tall, will the 58cm GF01 fit or will I have to go for the 61cm?

I won't get a chance to test ride one (can't find a shop in Ireland that has one in stock) so trying to make an educated guess before I take the plunge online.

I realise that there is more to bike fit than height but I'm just looking for general guidance.

Thank you.

Paul E.

there's a shop in belfast that stocks BMC bikes if that's any good to you