edited October 2016 in The bottom bracket
'ning

cafe, ride, visit uncle from oz, brekkie 2 at cafe perhaps
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    morning

complain at wife for waking me up 1.5hrs ago panicking she had paid the builder into the wrong account, finish watching qualifying, finish some work, finish painting, run, car washing, pub and GP

basically in theory lots of finishing
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning , raining here, trainer or get wet is the question
  • tlw1

go outdoors
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    TLW1 wrote:

go outdoors

Trainer it was, I got wet yesterday
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,422
    Have lie in. Drink coffee. Get supplies. Pack stuff in car for Wales. P1ss off down the M4. Have cider and pud grub. Busy day :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,559
    Well that was a sh1t day.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    Missing the hour in bed? We had an extra one over here.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,559
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Nah, clocks change first Sunday in October over here, not last. Just the usual. Well, much worse than usual for no obvious reason.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Nah, clocks change first Sunday in October over here, not last. Just the usual. Well, much worse than usual for no obvious reason.
    You learn something every day. I thought it was only the yanks who had a different date to shift the clocks.

But hope the back etc gets back to normal as soon as possible.
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,480
    Ride. lunch, tender to complete, cook sunday roast this evening. Tender to complete
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,316
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Forwards I presume?!

Toots. Coffee. Soft play area. Coffee. Tidy. Tidy at PPP - ahead of insulation going in tomorrow (well, start of the long haul). I figured I would run out of the stuff and then get hold of welder bloke to put the RSJ's in. There's always something to do...

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Forwards I presume?!

Toots. Coffee. Soft play area. Coffee. Tidy. Tidy at PPP - ahead of insulation going in tomorrow (well, start of the long haul). I figured I would run out of the stuff and then get hold of welder bloke to put the RSJ's in. There's always something to do...

Laters.

The insulation made a massive difference here, so much so that the wife is complaining that I bought the wrong log burner
  • pinno
    TLW1 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Forwards I presume?!

Laters.

The insulation made a massive difference here, so much so that the wife is complaining that I bought the wrong log burner

Half of the reason for pulling all the walls apart was the fact that the insulation was totally insufficient. I'm putting 50mm Celotex behind the plasterboard. I took the middle wall out because it was damp to the core and the open plan idea presented itself.
    If the whole open plan plan is going to work, the insulation needs to be spot on. What did you do to it insulation wise?
  • tlw1
    Pinno wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Forwards I presume?!

Laters.

Half of the reason for pulling all the walls apart was the fact that the insulation was totally insufficient. I'm putting 50mm Celotex behind the plasterboard. I took the middle wall out because it was damp to the core and the open plan idea presented itself.
    If the whole open plan plan is going to work, the insulation needs to be spot on. What did you do to it insulation wise?

Erm, told the wife we needed 50mm stuff and paid someone
  • pinno
    TLW1 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Forwards I presume?!

Laters.

'50mm stuff' answers my question. I was glad you didn't say 75 or 100mm 'cos you can get it but it's pricey and I would have got a sinking feeling that I was being a cheapskate and the plan wouldn't work.
    FWIW, there's no industry standard for minimum depth of insulation board. So you see: the Kyoto agreement is pants.
  • tlw1
    Pinno wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Forwards I presume?!

Laters.

'50mm stuff' answers my question. I was glad you didn't say 75 or 100mm 'cos you can get it but it's pricey and I would have got a sinking feeling that I was being a cheapskate and the plan wouldn't work.
    FWIW, there's no industry standard for minimum depth of insulation board. So you see: the Kyoto agreement is pants.

It could have been more expensive!
  • pinno
    TLW1 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Forwards I presume?!

Laters.

...but no point considering you got the 'wrong logburner'.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    Insulation on walls, that would be nice.
  • tlw1
    Pinno wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Forwards I presume?!

Laters.

...but no point considering you got the 'wrong logburner'.

Not wrong in my eyes - smaller would have just looked wrong
  • tlw1
    Veronese68 wrote:

Walls and ceiling baby

In one room only
  • pinno
    Veronese68 wrote:

You have walls?! When I was a lad...
  • tlw1
    Pinno wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

You have walls?! When I was a lad...

We had walls, but it was to the cesspit
  • pinno
    There was 27 of us livin' int shoe box in middle o' road...
  • tlw1
    Pinno wrote:
    There was 27 of us livin' int shoe box in middle o' road...

You had a shoe box, luxery
  • pinno
    That was after livin' int mineshaft. We worked so long we got up before we even went te bed.