Help upgrading

vysie
vysie Posts: 34
edited November 2016 in Workshop
My current ride is a really clean spesh secteur sport, lads at work comment how clean it is. I wanted to drop it for something better frame set but have now decided I want to upgrade,
I am going for a full 105 compact groupset but wheel wise I've seen an offer at decathlon for some mavics at 149 with tyres will these be a better upgrade than my current axis classics already on?

Comments

• Rigga
    Rigga Posts: 939
    How much do you want to pay for wheels? Fulcrum 3 are a great wheelset for around £300, I have them on my winter bike. Which mavics are they? Aksiums?
  • vysie
    vysie Posts: 34
    Rigga wrote:
    How much do you want to pay for wheels? Fulcrum 3 are a great wheelset for around £300, I have them on my winter bike. Which mavics are they? Aksiums?

They are the aksiums (wts) £149,99 looking for cheap options as next year I'll update the bike
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    If you're replacing the bike next year, and the current wheels are 11 speed compatible, I'd save the cash and stick with them.

Actually, I'd probably not replace the groupset either. You're contemplating spending nearly £500 to improve a bike you're replacing next year? Only makes sense if the old one then becomes your second / winter bike...
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    ^^This
  • rob39
    rob39 Posts: 479
    As keef said but can't see past Campag zonda's at the moment. Great wheels set