Waterproof gloves

webboo
webboo Posts: 6,087
edited October 2016 in Road buying advice
I'm after recommendations for a pair of decent waterproof gloves. I have various pairs of gloves that are fine in low temps until it rains. I bought a pair that are waterproof but once my hand get a bit sweaty when I take them off the inner glove tends to come out of the outer and they are a sod to get back in.
I end up wearing an old pair of ski gloves but they are very clumpy and not great for sensitivity.

Comments

• gethinceri
    gethinceri Posts: 1,519
    Endura Deluge
  • dwanes
    dwanes Posts: 954
    Marigolds
  • crescent
    crescent Posts: 1,201
    I've yet to find a better winter glove than these. Waterproof, wind proof, warm, reasonable dexterity. For £5.99 they're worth a shot. The link below is for size large but other sizes are available on the Screwfix website. I've tried other well known manufacturers' winter gloves for several times the price and found them lacking in some way or other.

http://www.screwfix.com/p/skytec-argon- ... arge/76311
    Bianchi ImpulsoBMC Teammachine SLR02 01Trek Domane AL3“When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. “ ~H.G. Wells Edit - "Unless it's a BMX"
  • trek_dan
    trek_dan Posts: 1,366
    dwanes wrote:
    Marigolds
    I agree if you get really really cold hands. Pair of Marigolds under normal long finger MTB gloves.
  • SME
    SME Posts: 348
    trek_dan wrote:
    dwanes wrote:
    Marigolds
    I agree if you get really really cold hands. Pair of Marigolds under normal long finger MTB gloves.

Seconded!
    I usually use some XL size blue marigolds over normal cycling gloves too.

Tried some Altura night vision things once (I think!) but they leaked after a while.

There are some cyclist who also use just 2mm or 3mm neoprene divers gloves which can be had for a tenner.