Knog light band replacement or alternative

ajkerr73
ajkerr73 Posts: 318
edited October 2016 in Workshop
This is a cracking wee light

http://www.sigmasport.co.uk/item/Knog/B ... lsrc=aw.ds

But I've got two and the band has broken on both.

Any idea where I can get a replacement

Or any smart bodges??

Comments

• Quins
    Quins Posts: 239
    I had strap break, not the rubber band but the hard plastic bit and it rendered my knog blinder 3 useless. I emailed knog in Aus, sent them a photo and they replaced the light. They will replace the bands too. Have you contacted the retailer where you bought them from in the first instance?
  • dont know about it being smart looking etc but my knog 4 rear had the strap snap near the metal clasp recently ( luckily for me it did so while stored so just dropped a foot onto the floor instead of mid ride and never to be seen again - went round all my knog's on the rest of the bikes & found 2 of the single front blinders had done the same too at the same kinda spot :( )

all i have done with mine is to overlap the strap at the break by a smidge & then applied 3 or so smallish zip ties as tight as i could.

seems to have worked ( for now ) but i dont think its going to be too long before the other side also snaps as the unbroken side is now stretched further than before due to the overlap at the broken side.

if it does go that way then i may do a similar double sided bodge-up using a few elastic bands or similar as a bridgeing material to fill the gap in the old band.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Planet X had a load of Knog spares going cheap, bands etc.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • when i had a looksy @ mine the knog single & 4x blinder USB chargeable lights i have dont look to be replacable bands sadly thus i went with the tie wrap bodge method mentioned previously.

looking @ planet x too they do a replacement band BUT only for the ARC model, not the blinder 1x or 4x units - well actually ANY units other than the ARC ones.
  • Quins
    Quins Posts: 239
    Check the guarantee period, I think it's 2 years with proof of purchase
  • ajkerr73
    ajkerr73 Posts: 318
    Quins wrote:
    Check the guarantee period, I think it's 2 years with proof of purchase

Aye. One new from eBay, the other from Halfords this time last year.

No recipets kept :-(
  • apreading
    apreading Posts: 4,535
    Did you do click & collect on the Halfords one? Keep the email?

Was the ebay one from a proper shop or a private seller?
  • fudgey
    fudgey Posts: 854
    I have the road R, hardly used it in 6 months and noticed the strap had split so sent it back to wiggle who replaced it.
    With this one i only fit it to the bike when i am going to use it so the strap is not constantly stretched.
    My winter bike is exactly the same as my summer bike,,, but dirty...