A classic what-bike thread (Cube Attain SL vs Cannondale Synapse)

courtmed
courtmed Posts: 164
edited October 2016 in Road buying advice
So I've taken the plunge & decided to sell both my road & mountain bikes to purchase an endurance road bike with disc brakes & chunky(ish) tyres. The riding I do on my mountain bike is mostly bridleyways & off road cycle routes nowadays which I feel like one of these bikes could handle easily, also by selling both & combining it I can up my (student!) budget more than I could otherwise.

Anyone have any experience of these bikes? Despite preferring the look of the Synapse, the Cube has a full Shimano 105 group whereas the 'Dale has everything bar the chainset and the Cube also has hydraulic brakes compared to the mechanical ones on the 'Dale. No idea how noticeable either of these things will be but I know they're seen as negatives.

Only £40 difference so budget isn't really going to be the deciding factor here. If only I knew what would be :mrgreen:

Comments

• courtmed
    Now leaning towards the Cube. Read around & it seems hydraulic is quite different to mechanical brakes. Also coming around to the looks, which helps...
  • courtmed
    Talk about a spanner in the works :mrgreen: after pretty much settling on the Cube Attain SL, I've now seen a Cube Attain GTC Pro for only £140 more. Basically the same spec but with a carbon frame. Which seems like an obvious choice...

Decisions, decisions... :mrgreen:

(sorry!!!)