Child Seat for Full Suspension

lappymatt
lappymatt Posts: 331
edited October 2016 in MTB buying advice
Not having much luck on google.

Anyone ever fitted a seat to a FS? I don't want to buy a hardtail just to carry my daughter 3 times a year.

Can't find any FS specfic seats

ta

Comments

• lappymatt
    lappymatt Posts: 331
    Yeah I don't fancy a top tube one, she's too big for that (2 years)

Next (only) option seems to be those trailer type things, but I don't think she'll like it (being confined)
  • lappymatt wrote:
    Yeah I don't fancy a top tube one, she's too big for that (2 years)

Next (only) option seems to be those trailer type things, but I don't think she'll like it (being confined)

Hey, where I live, I see those trailer type things almost every time I'm leaving city area through bike trails. Hell, I've seen them off road a few times. They don't necessarily need to be confined, I've seen a couple of them completely open.
    I imagine they'l also be the easiest to attach and detach, plus they don't put any extra weight on the suspensions and lockouts.
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    The worst thing about trailers is the amount of dirty that gets kicked up off your tyres into them. Even on "clean" trails the passenger soon gets covered if you don't have some sort of solid barrier between the bike and the child. Mesh windows just mean they get covered in finer muck/dust.

Never used one but most seat behind the cyclist seats I've seen attach to the seat post so only really a problem if you've got a dropper, then how much is a cheap seat post?
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava