Moon Nebula saddle rail mount/bracket

Anonymous
Anonymous Posts: 79,667
edited October 2016 in Road buying advice
Anyone know where I can get one of these? I have found the part on the Moon website but when I search it on google it only gives me the older type bracket.

The one I am after has a horizontal loading system whereas I think the older style the light went in vertically and therefore may fall out if you hit a bump on the road.

I think it is part number RB-21

Comments

• bendip
    bendip Posts: 114
    Tell the stars I'm coming,
    make them leave a space for me;
    whether bones, or dust,
    or ashes once among them I'll be free
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Not quite. See how the release posts downward so the light could fall out
  • bendip
    bendip Posts: 114
    I see what you mean, but after checking the two saddle mounts i have for moon lights, they both mount from the side, i bought the one i linked to from tredz (my review on tredz cites the moon crescent light fitting it) the other is from the nebula "copy" that aldi is selling, i bought the rear light and it comes with various mounts including a saddle rail mount..again it mounts from the side...so either the image on tredz is misleading or i'm..? Regards the clip in action, it's fairly solid in use and never feels less than secure.

An aside is that these rail mounts fit crescent, comet, shield and nebula(inc the aldi "copy") lights...which is nice
    Tell the stars I'm coming,
    make them leave a space for me;
    whether bones, or dust,
    or ashes once among them I'll be free
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Been wanting a rack mount bracket for my Aldi clone but the importers, Raleigh, won't have stock for another two weeks. Guess nobody buys light spares this time of year.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.