35mm tyres

DeVlaeminck
DeVlaeminck Posts: 9,031
edited October 2016 in Road buying advice
As I sit by the side of the road waiting to be picked up because my pump has decided to stop inflating tyres I thought I might fill the time by asking for recommendations of a 35mm tyre capable of some light off road without puncturing at least once every ride - Conti cyclocross Speed is an incorrect answer.

Also anyone recommend a reliable mini pump! :(
[Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]

Comments

• mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,787
    Vittoria Randonneur Pro.
  • bmxboy10
    bmxboy10 Posts: 1,958
    MrB123 wrote:
    Vittoria Randonneur Pro.
    This or Panaracers with tan walls - nice!
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 9,031
    Whyscotty wrote:

Thanks, I've already got one of them as it happens but couldn't find it this morning, the offender was a Lezyne Road Drive that I've had ages so probably my fault for not checking it worked.

Also thanks for the tyre recommendation will definitely be swopping over as the Contis may be good race tyres but totally unsuited to longer rides taking in road and path.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • Schwalbe G-One
    Schwalbe S-One (even if only 30c)
    Vittoria Hyper Voyager
    Schwalbe Kojak
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • G-One
    S-One

Especially if you have a wheel that can take tubeless.
  • andy9964
    andy9964 Posts: 930
    Vittoria Hyper Voyager
    Seconded, 700+ trouble free miles* on mine so far. Cheap too

*kiss of death
  • Moonbiker
    Moonbiker Posts: 1,706
    Hypers are ok but can be abit squirmy on wet tarmac?

Managed to crash into a tree a few days ago when I didn't make it round a corner after the front lost grip.... :roll:

New tyres aren't suppose to grip as well for the first few 100 miles though are they?
  • trek_dan
    trek_dan Posts: 1,366
    If you don't want to waste loads of money Schwalbe CX Comp. Heavy but very puncture resistant.
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    37mm Conti sport contact on my 'crosser in the summertime - not that many miles (prob about 500 or so) as I use it more in winter with studs. But those miles include a lot of off road riding, much of it on seriously rough and rocky forest tracks, which is certainly more than they're designed for. No punctures as yet.
  • rimau
    rimau Posts: 5
    I did something around 6000km on my Schalbe spicers on flat bar hybrid, all seasons. Urban, road and a some unpaved roads. They still seem to be bulletproof.