'ning

waiting for a bit more light before heading out for a ride

single digit temperature, that's just not right, i blame brexit
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    I blame wiggle

I'm ridding too, but only 8 miles into town to drop the single speed off for some tlc. Then meet the wife whilst the kids endure theatre club - might as well have a haircut

Then back home to do some jobs, then out to friends with the rugrats for dinner - should be messy
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Traditional slow start for me. Need to fettle the bike as it's squeaking at me. Not the chain so rear mech or wheel are the main suspects. Other than that a bit of pottering and lounging seem to be the order of the day.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,459
    Not a lot on for a change which is good. So have had a lie in, a decent brekky and some coffee.

Unfortunately I missed out on getting tickets for Kevin Bloody Wilsons UK tour, need to pay more attention in future.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,560
    Wet, breezy and nippy day here took the shine off things a bit. Did more jobs anyway, which involved mainly looking up and doing stuff overhead. Probably not on my recommended exercise list. Had extra wine with dinner to compensate.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Decorating then packing. Maybe interrupted by some shopping but not sure.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • kingstonian
    kingstonian Posts: 2,847
    Got back from San Diego at 3pm. Jarred my knee while away, so hobbling around and icing it regularly. What joy.

Chillin on the sofa, early to bed.

My life rocks.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,674
    Got in my first ride in a month, indoor TT doesn't count. Bleeping early onset winter viruses. Bracing out there; last proper ride was in September in France, 30s C.

I have to sort out my colder weather gear. Binned my so called weatherproof n breathable jacket, aka the sauna jacket, never liked it and always ended up soaked with sweat build up. Wicking, my a4se.

Recs? At the Decathlon end of the price spectrum not the Rapha.
  • cycleclinic
    cycleclinic Posts: 6,865
    Rode to work. Rode home. Drove to hillingdon to be nearly taken down twice while at the front once sprinting for the prime and the other time at the finish. Would have got points if it had not been for the rider that barged past nearly taking me down. Glad i held it as i was doing 35mph and i was accelerating with a bunch of riders behind me. Would have brought the pack down if i fell.

Worst riding i have seen all year. That is what my day has been like.
    http://www.thecycleclinic.co.uk -wheel building and other stuff.