Help deciding what I want

Stallings.sean
Stallings.sean Posts: 3
edited October 2016 in Road buying advice
Hello. Im new to the forum but wanted to get some advice from other avid riders out there to get a few opinions.
I am in the market for a new bike, I currently ride a 2005 Lemond Nevada City and a 1980 Peugeot P10 that I made a fixie. I love riding the fixie and would like to ride it more but Im looking for something a little newer that I can get parts for easily if wanted. My lemond is great but its a little small for my frame 6'2" 190lbs its a 58cm, I have already replaced the drive train, its time for new wheels, detailers, headset, brake components...essentially a complete rebuild.
SO HERES THE DILEMA.
I want a new road bike, I want a new fixie, I can only afford one. please help with what you think might work well for me.
About Me: I am a pedal masher, I don't ride super long 20-40miles is a good day for me. I love to ride in traffic w/i cities but I live in the country so have long open roads too. I live in a hilly area, I tend to ride on the high gears, I ride low on the bars or on aero bars. I do not compete in any sort of bike races at this time, never have, maybe start doing tri's someday.
Bike Stuff: I prefer to have aero bars on my bike, more comfortable on long stretches. Id like to put aerospoke wheels on the new bike (fixie or road). I have heard I should try a tri bike instead of a new road bike, never ridden one.
If I go with a fixie I like the look of the leader725 (aero frame, rear wheel cutout) but don't get good reviews, I don't want to spend my money on junk what will have to be sent back, welds pop, anything like that...but I also can't spend 1500 on a frameset.
If I buy a road bike, I want to buy a complete one.
If I buy a fixie I want to buy a frameset and custom build it.
I know cinelli and bianchi make great frames, bianchi super pista has the aero look Im looking for. (too bad i can't get it all black). Cinelli Mash is a good frame but doesn't have the look I'm going for, it looks like my peugeot.
Is it better to buy a new road bike, or tri bike, and what are your thoughts on which way to go? And if I do that Id just rebuild my fixie with a new front fork, wheel set and regear the bike. Id also consider trying to make the lemond a fixie, keep the peugeot as is, and buy a new road/tri bike.

I know that is a lot which is why i bring it up. I love to ride but with so many options its hard to narrow it all down myself and there are so many pros/cons/opinions out there.
Thank all in advance.

Comments

• after reading a little on the internet, it looks like a tri bike is out, liking to ride in the traffic and in the cities, the geometry isn't conducive to my type of riding.