Rutland bike shop, Cambridgeshire.

Jurassic
Jurassic Posts: 8
edited October 2016 in Commuting general
I have looked at their online purchasing web site a few times and decided to purchase an item and paid for it an email message confirming my purchase/order arrived that day. Stock availability was shown as in stock on their site so i waited for delivery conformation having paid extra for fast delivery. After three days had passed nothing! so i rang them only to find it had to be ordered in from the supplier! :shock: . I had the impression that this company had a good reputation as a "family run firm" am i just unlucky :?: or have others had issues with a lack of communication and slow delivery etc. :?: :?

Comments

• As long as you get the item, I would take it as a lesson learned.
    I haven't had any issues with them, but have found that a lot of bike shops struggle with low stock.
    Unless I was dealing with one of the big, well-known online shops, I would always ring ahead if I wanted something quickly.

I guess that once you get past a certain size, there is a bit of a conflict between being large and being family-run in the traditional sense of the word and the image it portrays.
    2007 Felt Q720 (the ratbike)
    2012 Cube Ltd SL (the hardtail XC 26er)
    2014 Lapierre Zesty TR 329 (the full-sus 29er)