2017 Diverge DSW Wheelset non SCS?

hnefi
hnefi Posts: 15
edited October 2016 in Workshop
Hey gear heads:
I'm a new owner of a 2017 Speccy Diverge DSW which is my sole "do-it-all" bike (only have storage for one so no n+1 here). I've used it for commuting with removable mudguards/lights, and have also taken it on a few group centuries. Great bike and it's a huge upgrade from what I was riding for the past 2 years. However, I'm considering some more racing-style wheels for next summer. There's been tons of talk I've read through about the old SCS standard that was on the Roubaix and Diverge, but the website doesn't list the 2017 model as SCS.
Has anyone used the 2017 model with an aftermarket wheelset? Another potential issue with the 2017 model is that it has a through axle front but a QR rear, so I would potentially get stuck with 2 different types of wheel/hub that aren't compatible with anything else.... I know specialized makes upgraded wheels that I'm sure could fit, but from what I've read they are NOT good buys compared to Enve/Zipp/Reynolds etc.

A different potential avenue is to leave the stock wheels and upgrade to 11spd with hydro discs, but that raises its own issues with whether or not the stock rear wheel will take an 11 speed cassette...

If any of you know a way I can check the hub dimensions and compatibility, please do share! I have emailed Specialized for the dimensions/standards as well, but I don't expect a response from them other than advertising their own upgraded wheels.

Cheers.