LaPierre Spicy 327?

totaln00b
totaln00b Posts: 3
edited October 2016 in MTB buying advice
Hi,

I'm a semi-avid road cyclist but have dabbled in mountain biking from time to time, and am looking to buy an all-around full sus trail bike that will do it all (long descent-oriented XC rides, occasional shuttling etc.)

I've been looking mainly in the 140mm range, but found a great deal on a 2016 LaPierre Spicy 327 locally - i'm concerned it's too much bike for this and won't pedal very well on long rides.

Any experience with this bike/thoughts?

Comments

• rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    It's a bit of a tank and poor value for money. Take a look at the Giant Trance, Rose Granite Chief or Bird Aeris 120.
    The Bird has less suspension but it's geometry that really counts.
  • It's a bit of a tank and poor value for money. Take a look at the Giant Trance, Rose Granite Chief or Bird Aeris 120.
    The Bird has less suspension but it's geometry that really counts.

Thanks! The only reason I was asking is I have the opportunity to get one basically new for US$1,500 (about $2K off retail), which seems like a good value. However, good to know that it's a tank - really interested in the Trance and Reign from Giant.

I've never seen 'Bird' or 'Rose' in the US, they appear to be UK-only brands with no distro here.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Probably because this is a UK based forum.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    The Giant Reign is a very good bike but also a bit of a tank.