'ning

gym, cafe, work from home, etc.

looking a bit wet out, it may well be autumn
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,869
    also working from home, but shoot sleep has stopped me going for a run

Today should be the painter again (did a good job yesterday) and then the plumber and tiller who are going to fall out when they realise I won't accept a toiler that slightly sticks out from the wall.

Later is bike prep for tomorrow nights bike ride - when I say bike prep, get some of the mud off to keep my car clean and charge my lights
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,497
    Train in, ride home. In between is some yax avoidance work and a spot of coffee. At least last night I got out of sitting through Stropteens concert and got to listen to the footy instead.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Morning playmates. Just back from a week in the sun. Everyone behaved themselves while I was away?
  • Morning twunts, house is slowly coming together so things should be somewhat normal soon.

Got to pack for the grand depart on sunday then a week in a house which isn't full of dust and grit. Pool will be closed though so will have to entertain a two year old in the grounds.

I don't think I'll even bother getting the good bike out again, might as well put the saddle bag and garmin thingy straight on the spesh.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,320
    Working from home today, manged a short ride before starting as I had to pop out to meet a friend and receive a large tool. Carried on with a bit of a loop and managed 14 miles of passing traffic. Warmer than I expected which was nice. Girl not doing very well today, I susect it could be a long day of cajoling. Onwards and upwards...
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Rode in this morning in the dark and wet, quite a nice sunrise in the end though. Had a major conundrum deciding which bike to ride this morning between the 'winter bike' genesis or the 'summer bike' cannondale. The genesis is steel, disc brakes, comfortable but the cannondale is carbon, has 28s and is new. Neither have mudguards yet and the genesis actually cost more than the cannondale so I think I've done something wrong here. I went with the cannondale and it didn't melt in the rain... :wink:

Still got a niggly cough from my mega sprint effort on the pedally stage on Sunday, lots of tea breaks needed today
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,407
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Morning playmates. Just back from a week in the sun. Everyone behaved themselves while I was away?
    Yay Bally :D I'll reply to your post if none of these other self absorbed whatsits will. How's T47b?
    Pinno's busy pestering people via pm for cheap building materials.
    Flaneur narrowly avoided death yesterday.
    V68 is brushing up on his poor customer service from home.
    TLW1 is racking up restoration costs whilst work mehing and pubbing.
    Sungod is rebelling against globalmegacorp whilst dreaming up Progressively convoluted thread titles.
    Wheelspinner is biting off way more than a man in his condition can chew.
    Stevo is busy avoiding tax, fighting the lefties and moaning about the weather.
    And the rest...
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Afternoon, someone broke the internet here so not much occurred this morning bar randoms coming over wanting to know why it was down.
    Afternoon comprises of annoying the other half at lunch doing some table shopping for the kitchen. procrastination over actually bothering to do some form of work and looking forward to home time
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,562
    I'm clearly in a universe that's parallel with TLW1 and HD. I spent the day painting, mostly. While the results are good, I'd not say it's something I particularly enjoy doing...

Long walk this evening in lieu of an actual bike ride.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Get yourself back over to the EU and Labour party threads, it's really dull in there at the moment :P
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Train in, ride home. In between is some yax avoidance work and a spot of coffee. At least last night I got out of sitting through Stropteens concert and got to listen to the footy instead.
    I just want to point out that yax avoidance is not a reference to anything I do when out on the town :) Frikkin small keyboard!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,320
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    I just want to point out that yax avoidance is not a reference to anything I do when out on the town :) Frikkin small keyboard!
    Do you need a small keyboard for the new smaller desks?
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    small keyboard or fat fingers?

more nosing around peoples houses later. Can't actually say I enjoy it
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • tlw1
    seanoconn wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Yay Bally :D I'll reply to your post if none of these other self absorbed whatsits will. How's T47b?
    Sungod is rebelling against globalmegacorp whilst dreaming up Progressively convoluted thread titles.
    And the rest...

That covers it
  • tlw1
    Flâneur wrote:
    small keyboard or fat fingers?

more nosing around peoples houses later. Can't actually say I enjoy it

It's when you go round there and in theory they have tidied up - in practice they are filthy scum bags / horsey people
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Do you need a small keyboard for the new smaller desks?
    Not quite that small - was typing on my phone :) I may just ask them for more money instead.
  • tlw1
    TLW1 wrote:
    Today should be the painter again (did a good job yesterday) and then the plumber and tiller who are going to fall out when they realise I won't accept a toiler that slightly sticks out from the wall.

I'm in shock, they all turned up today & did a great days work!

Therefore tomorrow will not end well & we need the joiner to finish the door frames and skirting board ready for the painter on Thurdsday
  • ballysmate
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Get yourself back over to the EU and Labour party threads, it's really dull in there at the moment :P

I'm on the case :wink:
  • ballysmate
    seanoconn wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    And the rest...

But Sean, how are you?
    Hope the wedding cake effect hasn't kicked in yet in the bedroom. :lol:
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    seanoconn wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    And the rest...

I'm well, thank you for asking :D

Went to the edge of the known world today (Cabo São Vicente) looked over the edge and then came back.

The lengths I go to to avoid Bally :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Stevo_666
    Ballysmate wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    And the rest...

But Sean, how are you?
    Hope the wedding cake effect hasn't kicked in yet in the bedroom. :lol:

f49c586265dff1a88349d2f07530cda6.jpg
  • ballysmate
    team47b wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    And the rest...

I'm well, thank you for asking :D

Went to the edge of the known world today (Cabo São Vicente) looked over the edge and then came back.

The lengths I go to to avoid Bally :D

:lol:

As Arnie said,"I'll be back!"
    Next time, I'll use guerrilla tactics. You won't know what hit you til it's too late.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,344
    Veronese68 wrote:
    New thread has been started just for Stevo:
    viewtopic.php?f=40088&t=13071867

Oh no.
    Ballysmate wrote:

Nope.

Me joiner day me. My door facias have the stopping block in but i'll have to wait till the plastering is done before facing them off.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • ballysmate
    Oh how I've missed this place while on holiday.

Sarcasm is lost somewhat in the printed word, no?
  • pinno
    Ballysmate wrote:

Yep.

I would however, like to see you stalking T47 in a Gorilla outfit in 35+ deg heat. That would be a bit of a giggle.
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    I think they've gone a bit shy after I joined in. Maybe they realised I quite like shooting fish in a barrel :D
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    I think they've gone a bit shy after I joined in. Maybe they realised I quite like shooting fish in a barrel :D

It's already 2 pages long ffs. Can you summarise it please?
  • ballysmate
    Pinno wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:

Yep.

I would however, like to see you stalking T47 in a Gorilla outfit in 35+ deg heat. That would be a bit of a giggle.

Does he wear this often?

Or is this a case of "eats, shoots and leaves" :lol:
  • pinno
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:

Yep.

Does he wear this often?

Or is this a case of "eats, shoots and leaves" :lol:

I'm not sure that there has been attempts at combining those two sets of genes.