Cycle Republic

nelsonsrevenge
nelsonsrevenge Posts: 7
edited October 2016 in MTB buying advice
Just a quick heads up that Cycle Republic have 20% off all MTBs (except KTMs). This includes bikes that are already discounted (e.g. Boardman Team and Boardman Pro 29er) Details on their website. I think the offer finishes on the 19th.

Hope that helps somebody.

Comments

• rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Isn't this against the rules?
  • doomanic
    doomanic Posts: 238
    No idea. Which rule?
  • Voodoo Bizango showing at £600 so looks like it's not discounted. Boardmans showing same price as halfords offer so I can't really see that there is an extra 20% off on all mtb unless you have to put in a code?
  • yorkiedave wrote:
    Voodoo Bizango showing at £600 so looks like it's not discounted. Boardmans showing same price as halfords offer so I can't really see that there is an extra 20% off on all mtb unless you have to put in a code?

My bad it applies an extra discount at checkout.
    Could be some good bargains on the voodoo bizango £480 or boardman comp 650b £415.20 Anyone?
  • Hope I haven't broken any rules?!

By the way, if you go into Cycle Republic they will price match their website deal.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    If you don't work for them, I don't think you've broken any rules.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • timbo_tim
    timbo_tim Posts: 199
    Thanks for this, I had just bought some discounted Halfords vouchers to bring the price on a boardman comp down and ordered it last night. Oh well, bought it again from cycle republic at this ridiculous price and will just not collect from Halfords! Anyone want £300 of Halfords vouchers???
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    I'll give you a partially chewed Haribo and some cold pizza for them.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • timbo_tim
    That would probably be their value but would prefer the pizza warm!
  • Seriously considering the boardman pro 29er what are people's thoughts on it?
  • doomanic
    doomanic Posts: 238
    timbo_tim wrote:
    Thanks for this, I had just bought some discounted Halfords vouchers to bring the price on a boardman comp down and ordered it last night. Oh well, bought it again from cycle republic at this ridiculous price and will just not collect from Halfords! Anyone want £300 of Halfords vouchers???
    Why not see if Hellfrauds will price match?

How did you get discounted vouchers anyway?
  • timbo_tim
    It's a bit late now I have orders from CR, and suspect returning a bike could be painful in terms of logistics.

Discounted vouchers from zeek, 9% off face value, you can only buy two at a time, so amassed £300 over two days. Valid till oct 2017 so am sure I will find a use in the next year!
  • yorkiedave wrote:
    Seriously considering the boardman pro 29er what are people's thoughts on it?

I've just bought the Pro 29er - got a fantastic deal from Cycle Republic (and no I don't work for them!) - paid £670 !

Its incredibly light and fast.
  • timbo_tim wrote:
    It's a bit late now I have orders from CR, and suspect returning a bike could be painful in terms of logistics.

Discounted vouchers from zeek, 9% off face value, you can only buy two at a time, so amassed £300 over two days. Valid till oct 2017 so am sure I will find a use in the next year!

Can't you use the Halfords vouchers in CR?
    They're the same company.....
  • timbo_tim
    I had hoped so but it wasn't obvious, esp as CR needed up front payment and no way to enter lots of voucher codes. I might just buy the one from Halfords anyway and try to flip it on to someone who missed 20% off but can pick up a bargain (Boardman comp for £450) anyone?