upgrading my genesis core 30 2016

Paddy Davison
Paddy Davison Posts: 9
edited October 2016 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi
since I am planning on having my genesis for a few more years I'm thinking of upgrading it.I was thinking about upgrading to SRAM 1x11 gx or nx, and I was wondering is the bb compatible? And if there is anything better I should upgrade.
Thanks, i would appreciate some advice.
p.s I have already upgraded to tubeless with specialized butcher (on the front) and purgatory (on the rear).

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Yes the BB will take a single crankset, whether that is then for single speed or 1x9/10/11 it doesn't know and it doesn't matter.

Why not just stick to 1x10, much cheaper as an initial outlay, just get an NW ring (you can then use if you go 1x11) and a wide range cassette and a new chain (or lengthen the one you have).
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Thanks for the reply! Is there anything else you recommend me upgrade ?
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    That depends on what you find deficient!

An upgrade for one person and their usage may be a downgrade for someone else!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.