sunday, and we've broken our fingers broken our faith, broken our hearts so many times they can't be

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,522
edited October 2016 in The bottom bracket
'ning

ride, which looks like it's going to be rather soggy, with many espressos, then take stuff to recycling, shop, laze

more the sound
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,459
    Sogginess certainly figured in the morning walking of the hound. At least some sleep has been caught up on and coffee is now in front of me to finish the revival.

Exercise will hopefully figure later.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,561
    Quality day for a change. Early bike ride at a *very* leisurely pace through nearby park. Coffee and cake on the way back.

Post-lunch afternoon nap in the sunshine. Very civilised.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,522
    following a generous slice of chorizo tortilla, spending the afternoon drying out and watching the world championships in qatar
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • cycleclinic
    cycleclinic Posts: 6,865
    perfect day for a soggy and blowy road race. Loved every second of it. I like riding in the rain.
    http://www.thecycleclinic.co.uk -wheel building and other stuff.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,321
    perfect day for a soggy and blowy road race. Loved every second of it. I like riding in the rain.

How did you get on?

Me toots then some framing work at PPP for my sins.

Far too windy for a pedal.

@HD - I realise you might be busy but when you have a minute, can you respond to my PM? Cheers.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Reasonably quiet day, just as well really. Cottage pie followed by a blackberry and apple crumble for lunch at the 'rents.
    Feeling a little more human now, just knackered. Good night last night with much beer drunk.
  • cycleclinic
    8th place pino. No one wanted to work so i had to on and off the front all race. If every race was jn bad weather i would do alot better. The king lynn rr is the best organised race i have ever been in. So many marsalls and 5 neg riders plus RD worked with the local parish councils to get parked cars off the road, lots of signing and advance notice meant drivers stopped and pulled left for us instead of driving straight at us as is normal.
  • pinno
    8th place pino. No one wanted to work so i had to on and off the front all race. If every race was jn bad weather i would do alot better. The king lynn rr is the best organised race i have ever been in. So many marsalls and 5 neg riders plus RD worked with the local parish councils to get parked cars off the road, lots of signing and advance notice meant drivers stopped and pulled left for us instead of driving straight at us as is normal.

Sounds good and a good result(?). What Cat are you or is this a non BC event?

Course/distance/terrain?

[Edit] I see you're a 3rd of 4th Cat but also budding hill climber so I guess sprint finishes (unless uphill) aren't your forte.
  • cycleclinic
    4th cat pino still. Finally found some legs today. Flat course near king lynn, one hill the others climbs are mearly drags. I am 82kg so hilly courses dont suit me well. The only road races where i finish are the flatter ones as o the hilly one i have produce too many watts to keep up with the young skinny things. My sprinting is o.k done alright in circuit races this year but there is always someone/many with a stronger short sprint. I peak at around 1000w. Longer sprint of 30secs i do better at and 5 minute efforts.

Todays race was 60 miles. Hill climbs are not really my thing but i like a challange.

Just need another 7 points there a few circuut races still. Foul/nice weather i hope it whittles down the field.

Really i just need to train more in the nice weather to come.
  • pinno
    Yep, me skinny me. Well, at least I used to be: 60kg's when I raced. Flat races were eyeballs out getting no where for me personally. There's me kicking on the pedals off the saddle and guys sat down spinning by the b4stards (b4stards like you :wink: ). Much preferred the very hilly stuff which I would have to go miles to find.

60 miles in this weather could be quite an effort when a few people 'turn up'.

7 points to keep your 4th cat status or go up one?
  • cycleclinic
    7 points to up. I know it is possible.

Physics means on the flat at any speed my w/kg to maintain that will be lower than yours. Hense i can go hard into the wind and not suffer much. Introduce a hill and it quickly changes. Physics is cruel.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    Not been racing today but had the bad weather and hills with 100 miles round the peaks, 30 mph winds were challenging

Then came home and had to play football and on the Bmx track with the rugrats

Refuelled at the pub
  • pinno
    Physics is cruel.

Yep. Good luck with the 7 points and the 'up'. It used to be that there wouldn't be many races left at this time of year. No 4th Cat either. How things have changed.

Respect MH.

On a slightly higher tack - Just caught up with the worlds highlights. What a man Sagan, What a win.
  • Racing is for crazy people. But the world needs crazy people!
    More power to your pedals. Think I'm going to sell all my bikes and get a folder. This I can take into the pub and stroke when I'm not eating crisps.
    And Pinno, I agree. Sagan was ace today. What a ride. I am in awe of these people.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • cycleclinic
    Just buy a folder and keep your bikes.

Lucky you getting to ride in the peaks.
  • Pinno wrote:
    @HD - I realise you might be busy but when you have a minute, can you respond to my PM? Cheers.

Replied!
    Advocate of disc brakes.