Kuota Khan

JesseD
JesseD Posts: 1,961
edited October 2016 in Your road bikes
Picked this up this morning, must admit it's pretty damn fast, I'm well happy.

oh4rnt.jpg

Kuota Khan
Size Medium
Shimano Ultegra Di2 with DA chainset
Deda finishing kit
Fabric Saddle
BBB Cages
Enve Wheels (not mine but on loan till I buy some race wheels)
Weight as is - 6.92kg

8)
Obsessed is a word used by the lazy to describe the dedicated!

Comments

• bristolpete
    bristolpete Posts: 2,255
    That's a beauty. Such a great bike, the Kuota. You'll enjoy that - Strada sold me a Kuota back in 09 and I loved it til' a car killed the bike. Myself and Rob Lee the mechanic then both rode them (Kebel) on shop rides and they were excellent bikes. I suspect 7 years on you've got a brilliant bike there - and it looks stunning to boot. Pete.
  • JesseD
    Pete, so you know Mike then, next time your in Strada tell him Jesse said hello. Strada is a great shop and the guys who work there are ace. Rob is coaching now I believe and working down Yeovil way.

The Kuota is a great bike, stiff, comfortable, direct, a proper race bike. Need to make some changes like the bars and saddle and get my position dialled in better but initial thoughts are its awesome.

Just need to decide on wheels now as unfortunately the Enve's have to go back!
  • Lovely build congrats.
    Cannondale caad7 ultegra
    S-works Tarmac sl5 etap
    Colnago c64 etap wifli
    Brother Swift
  • bristolpete
    JesseD wrote:
    Pete, so you know Mike then, next time your in Strada tell him Jesse said hello. Strada is a great shop and the guys who work there are ace. Rob is coaching now I believe and working down Yeovil way.

The Kuota is a great bike, stiff, comfortable, direct, a proper race bike. Need to make some changes like the bars and saddle and get my position dialled in better but initial thoughts are its awesome.

Yeah we are all scattered to four winds. Rob indeed in Yeovil but still monstering the time trials. I am now in South Devon and get into see the Strada team once or twice a year. I miss the Bristol road riding scene, less the politics and opinions :D
  • JesseD
    JesseD wrote:

Yeah we are all scattered to four winds. Rob indeed in Yeovil but still monstering the time trials. I am now in South Devon and get into see the Strada team once or twice a year. I miss the Bristol road riding scene, less the politics and opinions :D

Yeah Im friends with Rob on Facebook, he seems to be killing it on the long TT's but I'm really impressed with his wife too, has a child and still finds time to train and win titles - both are nuts!

I've been riding this over the weekend and have come to the conclusion that the Kuota is one size too small for me, the seat-post is on the limit and there is 30 mm of spacers under the stem which IMO just doesn't look right, think because it was such a good deal i was trying to convince myself it would fit.

Luckily it is an ex-demo from a local bike shop, I have had a chat with them and am going back in at lunchtime to discuss other options, what it has taught me is that I want Di2 and something with a lowish head-tube so it will put me in an aggressive position, but not this low (145mm), am thinking around the 155mm - 165mm range would be perfect.

I'm gutted it doesn't fit but hey ho.
  • bristolpete
    JesseD wrote:
    JesseD wrote:

Yeah Im friends with Rob on Facebook, he seems to be killing it on the long TT's but I'm really impressed with his wife too, has a child and still finds time to train and win titles - both are nuts!

I've been riding this over the weekend and have come to the conclusion that the Kuota is one size too small for me, the seat-post is on the limit and there is 30 mm of spacers under the stem which IMO just doesn't look right, think because it was such a good deal i was trying to convince myself it would fit.

Luckily it is an ex-demo from a local bike shop, I have had a chat with them and am going back in at lunchtime to discuss other options, what it has taught me is that I want Di2 and something with a lowish head-tube so it will put me in an aggressive position, but not this low (145mm), am thinking around the 155mm - 165mm range would be perfect.

I'm gutted it doesn't fit but hey ho.

I hear you. What we attain in reach, we can loose in drop. I am the same. My legs warrant a smaller bike, but my build cant deal with overly short head tubes on race bikes. The quest continues for you no doubt. Think about a TCR ? Superb racing bikes if the sell them ....
  • JesseD
    Looked at the TCR but they don't do a Di2 one so I would have to buy a Di2 Gear Kit and hope I could sell on the mechanical stuff.

The other option was a Merckx San Remo 76 which gets good reviews, but again would need to upgrade to the Di2 shifter kit.

With both options I also need to upgrade the wheels as well, just too many choices
  • ooh, baby.